Can I Enter Steps Manually?

does anyone know if i can manually adjust my step count. i added a manual activity but the step count doesn't adjust to this knew activity or mu intensity minustes?? is there nother way to record this, im new to Garmin and with fit bit you could do these things?? Help!!!

• I have the same problem. I actually got my 10000 step number yesteday. But today it shows yesterday as 9940. I have a three month run of getting my steps after major surgery and wanted to keep the good work up. My garmin device has cheated me, and now I  feel less inclined to push on with my targets.
  • All my steps from November 15 is gone and I dont now why and my step suite of 130 days is broken. Dam Garmin ho not allow manually steps when this bug appear. 

• I wear my watch while driving a delivery vehicle to track heart rate - which tells me what need to know. I would like to count my steps when getting out of the vehicle, collecting the parcel, walking to the front door and back to the vehicle. Unfortunately the driving usually causes the step count to be over 10k (~90 kms and ~25 stops).  So I can'even differentiate the actual steps and I am assuming that the calories and stress kpis are consequently incorrect.

• So I can'even differentiate the actual step

As a bit clumsy workaround - you could create a custom activity "car driving" based on a profile that does not count steps (if your watch has such profile - in my case for example the cycling profiles stop counting steps when active). You better disable the GPS in that activity to save battery. You would then have to pause the activity each time you leave the car. 

I am assuming that the calories and stress kpis are consequently incorrect.

No, as long as yout watch has a HRM, the Calories dalculation does not use steps, just the HR and HR Variability.

• Thank you for clarifying the relationship for Calories and the suggestion for counting steps.

I was thinking the opposite for counting steps which is to switch on a walk activity on and then pause it when I enter the truck and start it when I leave the truck.Your suggestion is better as it leaves the steps where I prefer them - ie unassociated to a specific exercise. Unfortunately both techniques rely on starting/stopping when I enter/exit the truck - so I need to remember to do so. Any way will try it out.

• I know the US does. The company I work at pays employees a bonus to meet fitness challenges. 

• My company uses steps as part of its wellness program.  It also allows a person to manual enter steps with or without using a tracker.  I think if the reason we cannot adjust or manually enter steps because of a company obligation to another company, the consumers are being disrespected.  I purchased this device not a company.  Garmin did not supply it free.  I need the ability to accurately track activities whether I use this device or another...or non at all.

• I need the ability to accurately track activities whether I use this device or another...or non at all.

There are plenty off apps you can use for that purpose. You do not need Garmin Connect. Garmin Connect was designed speifically for Garmin devices.

• Agree. Happened to me this morning. Added the activity manually but steps aren't counted.

• If Connect is showing zero steps for those days you could create a file formatted as a fitbit activities export file with dates and steps in and then import it into connect via the web interface.

If there is garmin step count data for those days it will take precedence over your imported data though. Then you would need to delete the daily summary for the day and redo the import to see your new steps.