This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

corrupt FIT file

Hello,

I tried to repair my file on garmin.kiesewetter.nl but i didn't work out. Get the message "The process cannot access the file '....garmin.kiesewetter.nl\loadup\2020-06-01-06-57-02.fit' because it is being used by another process.". I tried to open it in .csv format but did also not work, I got a failure message. And I tried to repair it on "FIT file tools" but there I did also not get the good info. I only saw a part of my recording appearing on the screen. ON my Garmin Edge 1030 it show that my distance was 104 km and that is the correct disctance.

Anyone who can help me with getting this files fixed? https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp5qiv5wljb24ct/2020-06-01-06-57-02.fit?dl=0

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and regards, Berend 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

hi Berend,

sorry but Fit File Tools is correct

there is a lot of non ride data in your corrupted fit file

what your edge is showing you is a summary of that ride

most of the time the fit file get's corrupted after pressing save

perhaps the use of a file recovery tool could find more lost data

check this file fitfiletools2.zip

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks for helping. Indeed this was the file I saw and it is about the first half of my activity. The second part I don't see. It was a 3 hour activity. Anyway how I could find the second part of the activity? On my garmin it says that the activity was 104 km of length, so somewhere the file has this info I would say. Hope you are able to help me a step further with this. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to BerendV

Hope you are able to help me a step further with this.
    • perhaps the use of a file recovery tool could find more lost data
    • I would not set my hopes that high....what you need is a lot of luck now
    On my garmin it says that the activity was 104 km of length, so somewhere the file has this info I would say.
    • Nope, your file has none of that info or data. Only what it shows you now.
    what your edge is showing you is a summary of that ride
    • and has no connection with any file on your edge

happy & safe sporting

• Oké thats clear, low expectations:-(, :-).

which file recovery tool would you recommend me? Fit file tools does not give me a solution as it only shows half of my journey. And garmin.kiesewetter.nl give me a notifications that the file is in use by another program. Is there another option for recovery?  

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to BerendV

the tools you mention are fit file repair or fit file data recovery tools

• they can not recover or repair when the data is not there to recover or repair

a file recovery tool searches your computer or edge for deleted, hidden, or corrupted files in the file system

good luck, you are on your own with this, have no experience using these tools

for PC

• Recuva
    • Bitwar
    • Active@ Undelete

for Mac

• Disk Drill
    • Data Rescue 5
    • Photorec
    • Testdisk

happy & safe sporting