This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calories burned during runs are suddenly inaccurate

The calories burned during some activities have gotten increasingly inaccurate. I track my runs on another app which, in the past, normally lines up with my Garmin. The Garmin calories have been steadily decreasing and today it showed half the number of calories burned as my other app. It shoes I burned 400 calories on a 9.5 mile run. The calories for cardio workouts have also been inconsistent. What can I do to fix it?

• I do not think its a case for the Support - they will just tell you to position the watch better, and to adjust the tightness of the wristband. In the last activity, it is clear that at a moment the watch lost the HR signal, possibly because the wristband was too loose.

However, the Optical HR monitors have their limitations, regardles of the brand or model. If you need a precise and reliable HRM, get a HRM chest belt.

Read more about the accuracy of OHRM and how to improve it, here: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=xQwjQjzUew4BF1GYcusE59

• i could go for all of these explaination and data settings except EXCEPT, his range gap for HR reading AND calories burned is something recent. I have used Garmin for cycling. Brutal wind, bridge climbs, etc and said I burned 700 calories after 70 miles in literally 100 degree weather and my pace was 16ish average (wind sucked the life out of me). 

This is a recent Garmin snafooo ... today i ran Garmin (connect), Strava track, and FITBIT Sense that I wear ... all claiming about the same info or 2500 calories burned with HR close to matching but Garmin said average HR 77 bpm, high was 140 which on climbs in the 15MPH face blast was total bull. ;-)

• i could go for all of these explaination and data settings except EXCEPT, his range gap for HR reading AND calories burned is something recent. I have used Garmin for cycling. Brutal wind, bridge climbs, etc and said I burned 700 calories after 70 miles in literally 100 degree weather and my pace was 16ish average (wind sucked the life out of me).

This is a recent Garmin snafooo ... today i ran Garmin (connect), Strava track, and FITBIT Sense that I wear ... all claiming about the same info or 2500 calories burned with HR close to matching but Garmin said average HR 77 bpm, high was 140 which on climbs in the 15MPH face blast was total bull. ;-)