This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin connect mobile not the same content as connect web (desktop)

Former Member
Former Member

Hi Guys,

When I upload activities via Garmin Connect Mobile app from my Garmin Fenix 6 Pro all works fine. When I open the desktop version of Garmin Connect on my Macbook I can't see these activities.

On the other hand I recently connected my trainingsschedule from Trainingpeaks to Garmin connect. I can see the future workouts on the desktop version but not on the mobile app.

I the past when I created a route on one desktop, I couldn't find the same route on an other desktop.

Althought I always sign in under the same account.

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks guys, and don't forget to keep moving these strange days!

Lukas

• Can you make public one activity on each side (one from GCM and the other one from GCW), and post the links here? (You have to set the privacy setting of given activity to Everyone so that we can access it)

• I have the same problem.  The Mobile App has my cycling and running activities but my running activities are not on  the desktop.   They sync fine from my Fenix5s to the mobile app but sont show up on the desktop.   Problem is that there's been a few missed syncing to Strava from Garmin and I wanted to download these from the Desktop and upload to Strava manually, but of course they are not on the Desktop.

• Do the same as I asked to  - share an activity from GC Mobile and another one from GC web, so that we can try to see if we can spot the culprit (for example non-matching account ids).

• I sorted mine by connecting my fenix5 to my computer and Setup as a new device on Garmin connect.  All runs and rides are together now.  Hope this helps. 

Cheers

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to trux

This is one from the desktop version of Garmin connect:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4619659912

And this is one from Garmin connect mobile:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4768553535

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

It indeed looks like there are two accounts, which is really weird...

• I have the same problem and I believe I only have one account.

If my phone is available at the time of the activity and when it is saved, the activity is always visible in both applications - Connect Mobile and Connect Connect Web.

However, if the phone is unavailable, for example, Bluetooth is turned off, or I leave the phone at home, the activity never appears in Connect Mobile. I can synchronize it with Connect Connect Web but it will never be on my mobile again.

I know that it is the same for many other users and that it is a bug. Or is it intention? Pretty incomprehensible! Perhaps someone will explain.

And no one apparently solves it Thinking

• It's usually the case that discrepancies are due to multiple accounts being used, as noted in the two activities linked in your post. I suggest syncing with Garmin Express to verify which account is being used there and use that as the source of truth.

In Garmin Express click on your device >> Tools & Content >> note the email account being used for "Registered to." In most cases the wrong account will be registered on your mobile device.

On your mobile device open Garmin Connect then go to Settings >> Sign Out. Close the app, open the app, sign in with the same email address as used on Garmin Express.

Go to Garmin Connect Web account information
    Make sure the email address matches Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Express.

• The idea that the problem is caused by two different accounts in my case lacks logic. It is possible that someone else may have a problem, but it behaves a little differently. Once again, I have verified that I have only one account that connects both Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Express (ie Garmin Connect Web). Also, signing out and re-signing in to your account did not reach your goal. I also checked the settings.

• I definitely didn't have two accounts. I checked.

I successfully solved the issue by uninstalling, reinstalling and setting up the application on my mobile. All activities except the last but one were properly loaded into the mobile. I deleted and imported the missing activity from the Strava with which it was properly synced when the activity ended.

In fact, the related problem has been solved:
    I used Zwift or Rouvy on a PC to ride the treadmill. These apps synced directly to my Strava account and I didn't use my watch because there was no route, including elevation. If I wanted my activity data to be on my Garmin account, I had to manually import it from the Strava. However, the imported activity was missing from the Garmin Connect app on your mobile phone.

It's OK now. I hope it will last some time Wink

Thanks for the suggestions, although they did not solve my problems directly, but forced me not to give up and try to solve it myself Thinking

Petr