This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

unable to link with Strava

Hi , 

I try to link the Strava app with Garmin Connect on my Iphone, but this results always in a 403 erro disallowed_useragent.

I do this via settings/3rd party/strava/login , here i choose my gmail account which is linked with Strava and then it returns the error.

Any help would be grateful, so my Forerunner activities sync automatically with Strava

Best regards,

Steven

• Since you are posting on the Garmin Connect Web forunm, I assume you are using that interface. Try using a different browser, possibly you use some outdated client. Or try updating it. Another option is trying it with the phone app (Garmin Connect Mobile iOS) instead of GC Web. And if you mistakenly posted on the wrong forum and are in fact already using the GC Mobile iOS app, then try the Web version instead.

• Hi,

I'm using it on my iphone and it's there i can't connect to the Strava app to upload the data.
    If i login via my pc and browser i don't see the settings for 3rd party apps(see screenshot)!?

Regards,

Steven

• I'm using it on my iphone

In that case you are posting to the wrong forum. You should be asking on the Garmin Connect Mobile iOS forum

And as for the 3rd party apps - you have to scroll down to Settings (not on your screenshot, it is at the very bottom of the menu, so you really have to scroll down), and then you have to select the option Partner Apps

• Unfortunately I've the same problem and there is no settings menu at the very bottom with up-to-date Safari and/or Firefox.

Any other helpful advise? Thanks.

• there is no settings menu at the very bottom

The Settings option is at the very bottom of the GC Mobile app menu. In GC Web, the setting is accessible by clicking your avatar in the top righ corner of the page. More specifically, the 3rd party app setting is on the page Account Information

• I have the exact same issue, there is no 3rd party app setting in account information on the desktop app

• I have the exact same issue, there is no 3rd party app setting in account information on the desktop app

And did you already connect Strava to Garmin on the side of  Strava? [https://www.strava.com/settings/apps

• Yea I’ve managed to resolve the issue, I believe that it was an issue with the google login system. The error was occurring because google would not allow you to sign into strava using your google account within the garmin connect app due to a security update.

To resolve this I initially had to stop using my google account to log into strava. To do this I logged out of strava, entered my email on the login page and clicked forgot password, this reset my password and I was then able to log into my strava using the email and password. Therefore I was able to log into strava through my garmin connect app without having to use my google account.

hopegully that made some sort of sense

• I solved this issue by signing into Strava.com and connecting to Garmin via the Social Connections area on the right side of the page.  There was a Garmin option there. Then when I returned to the Garmin Connect app, Strava was listed as a "Connected App"