This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FTP does not update in performance stats

In Garmin Connect, I can update FTP (navigation path: select device > user settings > power zones > functional threshold power > save) but the updated FTP is not displayed in training stats (navigation path: More > Performance Stats > Functional Threshold Power). I am using a Forerunner 935, Garmin Connect 4.25.2 and iOS 13.3. I have checked for and installed all updates. I have tried restarting and syncing all devices. Garmin support is unable to provide a resolution.

• I still have the same problem. If someone knows I would appreciate

• The plattform does not allow me to upload .FIT files, but I can send to whoever knows the answer via mail

• I am also interested in how to obtain the Ground Contact Time and Vertical Oscillation from the POD. I am extracting the .FIT file and I do not get those variables. If someone wants to help I can send the .FIT file via mail since this plattform does not allow .FIT files to be uploaded.

• I just get the watch variables.

In the FIT files? If so, then there is probably something wrong with your Python script

• Agreed. All the data from the original activity is in the FIT file. If Garmin Connect can display it, it's in the FIT file.

You should get the FIT SDK (https://developer.garmin.com/fit/overview/) and use the fit2csv tool in the java/ folder to convert your fit file to CSV. It's not perfect, but it shows you all the fields. (Even though some will be labelled "unknown" -- for this reason, it isn't possible to convert the CSV file back to FIT.)

I did it with an activity and all the running dynamics info is there.

(Click to zoom in)

If you need a nicer solution, you can use the info in the SDK to write your own script to convert FIT to JSON or whatever you want.

• Thanks to both. I ll try your solutions WIllNotWorthy! :) 

• ... alternatively, you can access the full data (inc. the running dynamics), in the JSON format in DevTools - open the activity in Garmin Connect Web, and locate the document name "details" in the left pane. The Preview tab will then show the full data in a structured way, and the Response tab contains the raw data, that you can use.

You can pull and process that data with a scipt too. It just needs to handle Cookies, and set also all the request headers, as you see in the DevTools - more specifically the header nk: NT is mandatory.

• Thanks trux. I ll try both solutions and will let you know my solution

• If you do not perform a Garmin specific FTP-test via your device, take the following steps:

1. Edit the FTP in the power zones settings for one of your devices. You can do this by clicking on a device in either the mobile Garmin Connect app or via the browser version, then select user settings and edit your FTP in power zones. The app will also change the FTP on your other Garmin devices automatically, however you have to sync each of them.

2. Take one of your synced devices after you have updated your FTP. Start a ride, let it run for a couple of seconds, stop and save the ride. Sync.

Once the ride has been synced to your device, your FTP in the stats in Garmin Connect will be updated to the value of the FTP you entered. Garmin needs a ride after a manual change in FTP to update this in its system.