This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FTP does not update in performance stats

In Garmin Connect, I can update FTP (navigation path: select device > user settings > power zones > functional threshold power > save) but the updated FTP is not displayed in training stats (navigation path: More > Performance Stats > Functional Threshold Power). I am using a Forerunner 935, Garmin Connect 4.25.2 and iOS 13.3. I have checked for and installed all updates. I have tried restarting and syncing all devices. Garmin support is unable to provide a resolution.

• Same issue for me.  Has anyone figured this out?

• Same issue for me.  Has anyone figured this out?

Try whether the support document [What Is the Functional Threshold Power Feature on My Garmin Device?] can help, in case you did not see it yet. Especially read the section Why Am I Not Getting an Updated FTP Estimate Reading for My Recorded Activity? It tells the following:

A new FTP estimate will only be generated outside of a guided FTP test if the following conditions are met:

• FTP Auto Calculation is enabled (refer to your Owner's Manual)

• Activity must include heart rate data from either a built-in optical heart rate sensor or from a chest strap

• 95% of the average power for a 20-minute interval within the ride must be greater than the current FTP setting

• The average power for that interval of time must be greater than the previous 20-minute power record.

You can also always conduct the Guided FTP test, to update the value (look it up in the user manual for your device)

• I have done many FTP tests and very familiar with the process above. I have used the Garmin guided test but I have also used the guided test on Zwift and TrainerRoad along with my Garmin. Two tests updated, others did not. I also did a manual entry and was able to get an update but that only happened once.

• I have also used the guided test on Zwift and TrainerRoad

Tests not done directly on the Garmin device have absolutely no impact on the FTP shown on the device or in Garmin Connect.

• You missed the part "along with my Garmin". I record data on multiple devices and then cherry pick what I want to keep. I am not a noob to this. I have even used the Garmin Guided test stand-alone and it failed to update the value on the display even though it recorded the new FTP in my user settings.

• Like the rest of the Garmin Connect data, I don't know why I can't simply change (i.e. manually) my FTP under "User Settings" (in my case, on the Edge 520 Plus) on the Garmin Connect website and it update in my Garmin Connect app (in my case, on an iPhone) when I open the app. Shouldn't be anymore complicated than that.   

• It would be helpful for the TCX export to include running dynamics. When will running dynamics be included in the <Extensions> of a TCX export?

(I apologize if this has already been covered. I've done a handful of searches and found nothing.)
  • Hey man, I am with the same question. Could you solve it? Do you even remember it hahah

• Only the FIT files (export as "Original") contain the full data

• Yes but then I export them via Python and I do not get the POD data (e.g. vertical oscillatio or ground contact time). I just get the watch variables.