This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to create custom strength exercise?

Hi Garmin!

How I can create custom exercise to add to strength workout?

For example I would to add an exercise like Arch-up but I cannot find it in the list. So I would like to create it.

• What I meant by syncing is with other services like Google Fit or Samsung Health or Sleep for Android and others. I can only view my Garmin data in Garmin. I don't trust non-official solutions to give access to my data and Garmin has not released any easy way to sync my data elsewhere.
    Strength training worked okay for me too because I just did not use any of the templates. I treated it as a generic workout. I liked the hardware (basically only the transflective screen), but the software was bad and outdated. 

I did not have such a fancy watch as yours, I had a Vivoactive, which was okay.. What I have now has better, screen, better battery, way better design, actual integration, good user experience and other less important wins. So for my use case, there is a huge gap between how mediocre the Garmin vivoactive was and how surprisingly good the Pixel watch is.

I also was not happy at all when Garmin was hacked, how they responded and how services were not working.

For me bottom line, support and software are quite more important than hardware.

• I had a Vivoactive

Which one? The original vivoactive was released in early 2015. There have been many updates to the hardware and software in the past 8 years. The entry level Garmin watches of today are much better. Not sure if comparing your Pixel watch to a vivoactive is fair.

• The Vivoactive 4. A very good one as far as hardware is concerned!

• But can you create custom exercises in Fitbit? I downloaded the Fitbit app but can’t see a dedicated section to download Gym workouts templates and add custom exercises and workouts

• No you cannot. Fitbit is not a fitness tracking device. It is a smartwatch. I am just past this granularity at the moment. 

The point is that it might not offer features that fitness tracking devices are/should, but its support and software quality are much better while at the same time it has a better hardware. 

Since I was basically using a fitness tracker the same way I am now using a smartwatch with limited fitness tracking capabilities, I might as well ditch the glorified fitness tracker for something more appropriate and enjoy its features to the fullest.