This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 + Fenix 6s PRO - Training Effect and Recovery time not syncing properly

Hi,

I do mtb/indoor cycling (1030) and rowing using Fenix 6s. My F6 is quite new and I expected that all training from 1030 and F6 are eventually synced through Connect App to both device, so I have one Training Status (Physio TrueUp).

But as I completed my first indoor cycling today I found out, that data in both devices are different, which confuses me. In F6, the activity recorded by 1030 is present and correct, however the Physio data are off.

VO2 for a starter is 46 in 1030 and 49 in F6. Training Load in 1030 is 287, in F6 286 (OK, quite close) but Recovery Time in 1030 is 33 hours (as it should be since I have done the cycling today) and 0 in F6 - this data should be same AFAIK?

What is also confusing me that in Connect App, in "Training Status", I can select 1030 or F6 in Graphs. All graphs are same but 7 days training load graph is showing different data for each device, I expected to have same data..? As an result, 1030 is advising "balanced" and F6 is advising "Too low low-aerobic load" - I again expected to have same data and ONE training status, as advertised in Physio TrueUp feature page.

So is this a bug or should I check something to make it work? Or I am not understanding this function correctly?

Thank you for your comments / help.

Tomas

• It’s been an issue pretty much since Physio True up was launched. Garmin have acknowledged it both to individual users and in another thread. But that’s been about a year and efforts to get any sort of update have been ignored. 

Short answer; nothing you can do, it’s another of Garmin’s software failures. 

• I have the same behaviour between my edge 1030 and my garmin 945. Such a shame for both devices in the high level segment of sport devices. I acquired quite a lot devices of Garmin in the last five years but my satisfaction is clearly going down since two years. Paying more for high end devices isn't synonym of better support, issue resolution and quality by garmin. Since the true up is showing completely different values and my edge 1030 activities are always with the date "today", even after reset and updates, i left my edge on the side and i will sell it. 

I'm starting to think about to switch to another mark for the next big challenges of the next years...

• Same here. Is there any solution in the meantime?