This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Second run ever... first corrupt fit file

Hey everyone.

I was really excited to get my first smart running watch and now I'm pretty bummed out.

Finished my run and viewed my stats right after. Everything seemed great and I saved the data. After cooling down and driving home I noticed it did not upload to Strava or Nike+ and I can no longer view the stats. Instead when I try to view it (it shows distance and time still in my runs) it gets stuck loading. None of the tools I could find online have made it any better.

The only weird thing I did was adjust some settings on the watch mid run because I'm still getting it all figured out.

Here is the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHeRUorr782sQAtKgl2UAl5-JgwW0bxF/view?usp=sharing

Can anything be recovered? If it can can the file be reuploaded to Garmin Connect or does it have to go directly on Strava/Nike+?

Thanks so much!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

ahum....your earned beers spilled your fit file about 2.4km into your run Smile

refilled the missing beer data, updated file length and recalculated checksum

Can anything be recovered?

yes, done

If it can can the file be reuploaded to Garmin Connect

yes, upload or import the fixed activity via Garmin Connect Web

or does it have to go directly on Strava/Nike+?

when the above upload does not sync to Stxxxx go direct to Stxxxx

kink-fr645m-kaput-new-watch-part18-2019-12-07-04-29-48.zip

happy & safe sporting

• Oh sheesh I just thought it was a fun little piece of data and was mad it didn't show up after I set it last time! 

Think I should just run without it or was activating it late the issue?

Thanks for the help! 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Kink

run without it Slight smile

only test and use what has a positive contribution to your activities

I use only CIQ apps that supports my hardware, like stryd footpod or runscribe footpods

happy & safe sporting