This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Track blood pressure and weight from Withings to GC?

I used to own a Vivoactive HR and had my Withings scale and blood pressure cuff connected to my GC dashboard.  

Is this functionality not just gone?   I think there was a connection between Withings > MyFitnessPal > Garmin.  I know I can add my weight manually or there seems to be a service to do this.

I just got a new Venu and wanted to start tracking again...  what are my options?  I think having all my health data in one place is important.

• Perhaps there is a way to manually input blood pressure like a weight in?   No custom option even?

• I have a Withings scale which is connected to MyFitnessPal and that is connected to Garmin.

I do get my weight updated on the GC dashboard. This was broken for some time but started working again in November.

You might need to disconnect MFP from Withings and Garmin and then reconnect both.

• You can still go the MyFitnessPal route, or try apple health for transferring Weight into Connect. 
    You will have to set Connect to be allowed to read that data point in Health and Withings Health mate to write it. I think I did this a time until I got the Index "Smart" Scale.

Pro Tip: If you only need weight in Connect, stick with the Withings/Nokia scale. It can track multiple weight ins per day, Garmin Connect only one. It is also more reliable by the factor of infinity in comparison to the Index.

• Thank you for this - I will try and get it working.

• I have the apps connected - but not data seems to flow.

In they my fitness pal app I see Garmin Connect, Nokia Health Mate, and Nokia Wi-Fi Smart Scale listed in the "connected" tab of Apps and Devices.

I have deleted and made the connections over to no avail.

It appears a weight entry from Garmin is showing in MFP, but nothing from Health Mate.  Any suggestions?

• Yes - I can confirm weight entered into garmin went into MFP.  

So my issue appears to be HealthMate.  How long before measurements flow from HM > MFP > GC.  

(we need more acronyms...)

• I use an iPhone with all the apps and my Garmin device. So anything I share is only valid for iPhones.

There is no noticeable time lag between my weight showing up in HealthMate and from there to MFP to GC.

To repair the broken link between those three I had to delete and reconnect HealthMate, MFP and GC a few times. I believe it also made a difference whether I did the connection inside the app on the iPhone or through the web apps. In my case the iPhone approach worked better. When you disconnect the app you need to wait for some time (could be up to one hour) before attempting a reconnect. It takes some time for the change to take hold on all systems involved.

I also had to change the settings inside the Apple Health app. Go to settings - Health - Data Access & Devices. There I had to change the access rights of all three apps. I gave all three the right to read and write my weight data. The GC app cannot read any data from Health, only write to it. That is why you need to go the MFP way.

You should also make sure that all three apps are the latest version.

This could definitely be easier!

• Thank you very much for this - yes it should be easier :-).

I am going to try again and see if I can get it linked. 

Thank you.

• Yeah! -  I think I have this working.  Well not "yeah" when I look at the weight number..... more like "ugh"

So I had to start over. I disconnected all services then:

1)  I deleted the scale from the HealthMate app and add it.

2)  I ensured the weight measurement made it up to Withings Web dashboard, i.e. scale to web was working.

3)  Made the connection from HM to MFP.  Note:  seems like it will not show up under "news feed" but it does show up in the report section on the MFP website.  On the android app it seems to only show in the progress area.  I would have thought it would show on the home or diary tab?  Either way it is working and recording.

4)  I then went to the Garmin app on the phone can connected Garmin to MFP.

5)  Things worked - life was good.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

I understand the HM only sends scale data to MFP.  Which is great.  I wish it would send Blood Pressure as well.  It seems even in this day, there is no single source to truth for you health data....  I wish there was one place that all these devices would port to - and make it yours.  Portable and secure for the long term.  I have read that Google Fit may be an option.  I will explore that?

Anyone have any feedback on this having a "single pain of glass" for collected health data?  Anyone use Google Fit?  I should probably start a new thread for this.

Thanks!