This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Negative calorie adjustment my fitness pal

Hi, 

New to garmin, just got myself a venu. I don't understand the connection to mfp. I wore the venu all day long, took a walk and went to the gym for a workout where according to garmin connect I burnt some 495 calories.

I have integrated it with mfp where my goal is on 1200 calories for weight loss. Today, I ate thus far 900 calories. For the exercise that comes from connect, mfp gives me those 495 calories but subtracts 310 for "negative calorie adjustment" and 11950 steps. 

On connect however, it tells me I have 860 calories left to eat. 

What is going on there? I don't understand a) why the number of calories I have left to eat is different and b) why I get only 185 (495-310) calories for my workout today. Feels a little unfair Disappointed

Thanks and best, 

Scw

• I have the same issue.  I have a goal of 1200 calories.  During the day I did a fitness class for an in which I burned 412 calories.  On the Garmin Connect app I show Goal 1200 + 501 active = Adjusted Goal 1701, the next line shows 1701 Adjusted Goal - 982 Consumed = 719.  

However on MFP I show Goal 1200 - 983 food - 356 exercise = -139.  The 356 exercise is because I had the 60 minutes of Aerobics +412 and then a -768 adjustment for 6375 steps.  

My confusion here is that I am trying to use weight.  If I go by the Garmin, I have a calorie deficit which is my goal.  But if I go by my fitness pal I am over my calorie allotment.