This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupt FIT file

Hi, could somebody please help me with my corrupt FIT file?  

I just got back from my longest ever bike ride (about 152kms) and it looks like the FIT file has been corrupted :( 

I have tried to fix using fitfiletools.com and garmin.kiesewetter.nl but with no luck. 

I am really hoping somebody can help!

Thanks, 
R

1385.2019-11-24-09-33-24.zip

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

recording to your fit file ended abruptly

removed one corrupted data record

updated file length, calculated checksum and import/export with Fit File Tools section remover

6888.fitfiletools.zip

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks for the help Former Member but the repair doesn't seem to have worked. The ride should be about 152kms. I finished the ride at 6:57PM AEDT.  Is there another way I might be able to repair it? 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Reemo

but the repair doesn't seem to have worked

the file is repaired, hence you can upload it

recording to your fit file ended abruptly

hence there is no other data in your file

Is there another way I might be able to repair it?

with a lot of luck , you could recover the rest of your data with help of a recovery program like recuva or bitwar

happy & safe sporting

• Thanks for the info Former Member and for repairing the file.  I misunderstood the problem. I had assumed that as the Garmin was displaying the distance and other metrics that it was recording those data but unfortunately it looks like this isn't the case. I will explore the option of entering the rest of the ride manually.  Thanks for your help!