This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

40km PR calculations

So the other posts about this are a few years old, and I wanted to clarify in case they'd changed (and I still can't wrap my head around them). 

I was always under the impression, that the fastest 40km PR was based on the first 40km of any ride. I rode last weekend, the first 10-15km were flat and I reckon I averaged about 40km/h, but then the ride went uphill. The climbing continued, until about km #40, then was more or less downhill for the next 45km, at well over 40km/h. My new record after the ride was a ~56ish minute 40km record. 

So can someone clarify whether it's the first 40km of a ride, or just any 40km of a ride that it uses to calculate the record? 

Cheers

James 

• Records can be at any part of an activity, that's for sure.

I observed that only for run, but probably should be the same for bike.

But I don't know if this scans whole activity, second by second, or maybe it checks only from splits.

• I checked this for 1 km run and it scans whole activity, splits doesn't matter.

The 1 km split time was: 3:37,6 - but record was 3:35,5. As I ran slightly off the split, so a record takes the fastest time in any part of an activity.