This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request: Custom/User-Defined Exercises in Workouts (Again).

I see that users have been requesting it for years, but just wanted to bring it up again.

While the list of strength-training exercises are extensive, it's always going to be inadequate.  In my case, I do a daily stretching/mobility, which would be great to be able to set up as a "Workout".

• Hi, I have the same issue. Did you find a way to record your daily stretching and mobility WO?

Thank you for any help.

L

• No.  However, I sold the device about 5 months ago after developing a non-recoverable injury.  The software may be different now.

• I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best.

L

• Just continuing the demand for the ability to custom name an exercise when creating a workout...This can't be that hard to add in.....PLEASE do this ASAP!

• Can't help directly, but as a workaround, I simply take any generic exercise name I do not normally use, and enter my own name into the note. When then the watch shows me the generic name, I press the Enter button to read my note. Pretty simple and effiicient.

• I 'm very frustrated with myself as I can't see a way to add personalized workout steps in a strength workout I am creating.

I want to create a workout with user-defined exercises eg "5kg Alternate Punching". As it is I can only select from the drop-down with a lot of pre-defined exercises with no annotations.

This must be possible? Or is it?

Many thanks.

• I second that request.  I thought I just couldn't figure out how to do it.

• Completely agree,  very annoying.   For now I use rest steps with lap button press, then add exercise instructions to notes.  It shows up on the watch,  does the trick sort of. 

• I too would like the ability to define the exercises.  Or have a comprehensive list of exercises.  It is frustrating to put a workout together and not be able to find a fairly common exercise missing. For example.....Landmine press.  I looked up alternate names and still did not find it in the dropdown list.  

• When will Garmin finally let us copy and rename custom exercises? Maybe give us a "text shown" option while building workouts. The default can be the actual name chosen from the list, but the watch can read something different while doing the workout.

Maybe give us a "text shown" option while building workouts. The default can be the actual name chosen from the list, but the watch can read something different while doing the workout.