This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Coach for full marathon?

I would be interested to know if there will be plans for a whole marathon for the Garmin coach as well?

• There are already 6 of them, ain't they good enough, or why do you ask for another Marathon plan?

• There are already 6 Marathon plans available, do you really need more than that? If not available in your GC Mobile app, find them on the web version:

• What you're showing there ^^ isn't the same as what these people are asking about. They want to see a full marathon plan available from within the "Garmin Coach" mode. Different from what you mention. 

• Have you ever tried garmin coach and garmin training plans ? There´s a difference ... it’s not the same to have 6 different plans (basically they are 3, and the same but based in heart rate...) and one adaptatif garmin coach

• Thank you for pointing that out! I wasn’t aware of the plans. I only used Garmin coach so far. And I liked it a lot. Especially the adaptive feature. But a plan would also be useful!

Can I download the plans into Garmin Connect in one go? I Will look up how to load the plan into my account. Thank you! 

• That would be amazing, indeed! 

My Compliments to how the Garmin Coach is designed and how it works! 

• Using a plan will create Trainings and put them into your calendar.
    So using the right watch (which supports trainings) will offer you to start the training on that exact days.

• No they aint good enough.  Many people like the Coached Plans because they offer a more personalized plan that adapts to their progress. The Coached plans are based on several different training styles that are specific to your distance and goal pace.  I like that Coach Amy's plans are based on mileage rather than time. This gives me more confidence in having the ability to complete the distance.  The standard plans are based on experience, exercise time, and heart rate. They are not focused on your specific goals.  I would very much like to see a Coached Plan for the full marathon distance.

• The coached plans are not adaptive! I've used Gregg's HM program. No matter how I did my trainings it never changed anything. It's calculated at the beginning (timebased) and stays the same all the way to the end. Even if you do all your trainings a lot faster than you suppossed to do nothing changes ....So adaptive ..No way