Garmin Connect sync to "Google Fit" and "Samsung Health"

Garmin Connect is a great sports tracking app. But a lot of people also want other features that are more health oriented. And this is where sending data from Garmin Connect to a service like Samsung Health or Google Fit comes in place.

Link to the answer poll (time to complete is around 10 seconds): https://forms.gle/C3Mj5pe4GEM8R6wSA (Google Polls because it gives option to gather answers from multiple sources like Facebook, Twitter,...)
Please share the poll with friends who also use Garmin Connect

Thank you for your contribution
  • If you want to be able to sync Garmin Connect info (steps, activities, weight, sleep and heart rate) then use Health Sync (available in Google Play Store for Android users). I've been communicating closely with the developer and I can confidently say absolutely fantastic app! I've tried a few others to sync my Garmin data to Samsung Health and Google Fit (SyncMyTracks, FitnessSyncer). None work as good as this. Whilst historical data from Garmin isn't currently available (yet - the developer says he is working on this), all required data syncs seamlessly from Garmin to Samsung Health and Google Fit, in real time (e.g. when you sync steps with GC, it updates SH and GF straight away). It's also now possible to sync GC to SH AND GF simultaneously. Support is fantastic, if ever required. Best sync app for GC to SH and GF hands down!
  • If you want to be able to sync Garmin Connect info (steps, activities, weight, sleep and heart rate) then use Health Sync (available in Google Play Store for Android users). I've been communicating closely with the developer and I can confidently say absolutely fantastic app! I've tried a few others to sync my Garmin data to Samsung Health and Google Fit (SyncMyTracks, FitnessSyncer). None work as good as this. Whilst historical data from Garmin isn't currently available (yet - the developer says he is working on this), all required data syncs seamlessly from Garmin to Samsung Health and Google Fit, in real time (e.g. when you sync steps with GC, it updates SH and GF straight away). It's also now possible to sync GC to SH AND GF simultaneously. Support is fantastic, if ever required. Best sync app for GC to SH and GF hands down!

Hey, thanks for posting. I just downloaded and I will give it a try. Somewhat off topic (and I put this in comment to survey) I want in the other apps, because I'm unable to set the axis for the weight chart in the Garmin Connect App. Initially my goal was about 25 lbs less than I am today. I've changed that, but the scale goes down to 30 lbs less than current weight. (This could be coincidence) In the app, it's hard to see small changes and track. Now, for some reason, my 7 day chart is 90 less than current weight. Not sure where that came from. I haven't entered a number in that range (either actual or goal) ever! Not sure the algorithm for setting axis, but I'd love to set myself. The Google fit chart is much more useful, and that drives my desire to have my weight there (instead of entering manually there AND Garmin Connect every morning.
  • I've been using Health Sync for a few days to sync activity captured with my 735XT through Garmin Connect to Google Fit.  Seems to work pretty good, but would be better if Garmin would make their app compatible with Google Fit.

• I'll have to return my otherwise amazing Fenix S5 Plus if I can't find a solution for this that doesn't require me to share my heath data or login credentials with a third-party app.

• I installed this and connected my garmin connect to it and it doesn’t sync at all. Maybe I did something wrong......

• I'm finding Runalyze very good and interesting to explore, though it's more about running performance than other aspects of fitness so may not be of interest to some people here.

• I too would like to sync with google fit. I use google fit to earn rewards for taking walks in pokemon go and I wish my garmin watch contributed to this. :/

• I would like connect to connect with Google fit app

• I used Heath Sync to allow Google fit receive data from my Garmin connect. It seems to work but I noticed that steps reported by Google fit, after having synchronised, are systematically higher than what reported on Connect. As an example, now Connect says almost 9.000 steps (7.1 km), while Google fit reports almost 13.660 (9.6 km). I do not know how the sync combines steps coming from Connect with steps coming directly from Google fit (via phone detection). Even if I always wear my Garmin watch, I do not always have the phone in my pocket, so Google fit should count less steps than Connect, but it anyway counts its own amount of steps. I understand that when sync happen, Google fit should do its math to avoid double account of steps. So I should not find differences between Google fit and Garmin connect. Someone have suggestions on what is happening?

• in Settings of Google Fit, under Tracking Preferences, Turn off " Track your activities" Use Phone sensors to automatically track metrics like steps and distance.