This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strength workout - list of exercise available (in English and French)

I would to try to plan my strength training workout on GC. There is a long list of type of exercise available which are not all very clear... it would be mure more easier to have a full list of exercises. Does such a list exists ? in English and in French ? Many thanks
  • Hi CM,

Do you know a way to find the list of json files in other languages? (I am looking for the italian list)

Thank you in advance!

• How did you found the muscle groups for yoga/pilates? If I click the link that you shared there is only the list of exercises without additional information.. Thanks man :)

• Hi everybody.

First, it is really appreciated that WiilNorthYork did this for all of us.

Thanks again.

Second, I understand that we would like to have a way of knowing which exercise is in the list, the way to do it and what would be the exact way of naming it. It doesn't seem that it will happen soon. I've been looking for this myself, like all of you, for many months and an exercise named can be renamed by whoever wants to rename it just to feel different or didn't like the name to start with.

What I'm doing right now, if this can help you, I've found an extraordinary site for exercises.

It is not complete but it is so well presented : https://weighttraining.guide/exercises/

Even there, all exercises have been renamed to their taste but at least, you get an image of what the exercise do and which muscle are targeted.

The only way I've been able to get a certain result is to put time, lots of time, look at all the 43 pages of exercise pictures, select an exercise that I understand what is on the picture that would fit the training I want to build, and then check the Garmin Connect list of exercise, by key words and check if I can find a connection between the picture and the exercise name in the Garmin list.

Each time I have to do a research in Google to get an almost same exercise.

It is not perfect but I'm the one who can adapt the name and exercise.

Once I connected the image (I made a booklet) with the Garmin Connect Workout Exercise name, I can enter it in the Custom Workout I'm building.

Really not an easy job but over time, I reuse many kits of exercises to change my training, so I don't have to work as much to add new one.

So Now I can alternate my Floor Training with my Zwift Training and get everything in my Garmin Connect to follow my progression.

If somebody found a better way, please share, we all appreciate when some have better ideas.

• Awesome bro! Thanks I really appreciate this. 
    Again, Garmin really needs to do something about this. Using their software shouldn’t be this difficult.

• Any chance of getting an update to this? This was really helpful.

• Thank you so much. You made it easy for everyone

• There’s an app I found out about called GymRun that I haven’t tried yet. It’s supposed to integrate with Garmin. Once I try it out I’ll get back.

• considering it's missing half the machines in the gym (hip abduction is like the most basic machine and they only have it for bands and "standing weighted" whatever that is) I wouldn't call that drop down a complete list...=/

• I tried it, didn’t like it. I use an IPhone but I had to use android for the app. Luckily I have an android phone to try it but the app sucked. It didn’t even upload to garmin connect when I was done.