This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

the current language is not supported by your mobile

every time I stop my bike and then start riding again I get this message on my Edge 1030:
the current language is not supported by your phone
have to touch the tick to get back to the ride screen
I have it paired with a Samsung Galaxy S9,
checked all my language setting in both devices, all ok, in English
  • Any solution to this? It's started happening to me with my Edge 830 just this last week or so, with a Google Pixel.

• I have the same problem. Edge 1030. Samsung Galxy S8. Both devices are in danish language.

• Any solution ? 

I met the same problem with my new  1030 connected to a Xiaomi MI9T, and also my wife with a 520+ connected to a Sony Xperia.
    We have contacted the Garmin support and they just say to return the units for repair, but being a communication problem I do not think this is the correct way to fix the problem...

• Sorry, thought I'd posted this before...
    What's reliably worked for my Edge 830 the several times this has come back, is this:
    Change the Garmin's language to something other than English, eg French, then back to English.
    Best to choose a language you're slightly familiar with, as you're going to have to navigate the menus to get back to English...

My guess at what's going on, is that everyone(?) with this problem is on English, but not in the US? I suspect this is in some way due to the Garmin's "locale" setting being EN-US, and the phone being EN-xx, eg EN_UK, and the Garmin sees that as a configuration error. Not something they'd test much in the US.
    The problem comes back from time to time, probably after some Garmin update has reinstated the conflict. It's annoying, but this has fixed it every time for me.

• I have this issue on an Edge 530 and I'm in the US with language set to English.

Tried calling into support, but wait time is more than 1 hour.

• Same problem for me. Edge 830+Galaxy Fold ( both Slovenian language)

• Still worth trying changing the language on your Garmin to something else, then back to Slovenian again. Flipping the language does fix the problem I get. Good luck anyway.

• Worked, thank you ;)

• Same for me on an 830, Pixel phone, in the US, everything set to English. Will try to switch to German, und dann zueruck.

• Same for me on an 830, Pixel phone, in the US, everything set to English. Will try to switch to German, und dann zueruck.