This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Activity type - meditating

Hey it would be nice to be able to have a proper activity-category for meditating. I'm using a connect-IQ-App to record my meditation sessions but they are forced to be logged as "others".
Best wishes kb
  • Also second this. Breathwork and Yoga activities are not meditation. Would prefer to use a Garmin stock activity as opposed to the Meditate app on the Connect IQ store. Thanks.

• The worst is I have to use "Breathwork" and it is limited to 15 minutes! We need a proper meditation activity with stress, body battery, heart rate, and respiration counts all tracked and it go as long as you want to meditate, maybe a light vibration every 10 minutes if you want but no limit. A real activity. Mediation is a party of a healthy lifestyle which Garmin is promoting!

• Create an activity type of type "Other" that you can use for everything that got no activity type. Name it "Meditation". If you then in Garmin Connect want it to be logged as Breathwork you can change it afterwards.

• We need a proper meditation activity with stress, body battery, heart rate, and respiration counts all tracked and it go as long as you want to meditate, maybe a light vibration every 10 minutes if you want but no limit.

Meditation is an unseparatable part of yoga, and as such the yoga Activity profile already has all you need for tracking your meditations. It monitors and evaluates practically all what you ask - the stress level changes (hence Body Battery), heart rate, and respiration. The duration of a Yoga activity is not limited, so you can record even hours long meditations with it, if you wish. And you can set up alarms in the Yoga activity settings too. You could also use a Workout for the same purpose - individual "exercises" are separated by vibrations, so just create a series of 10 min exercises.

And if you need even more than that, then you can install a specialized Meditation Connect IQ app - there are countless of them available in the the Connect IQ store:

Meditation in Connect IQ Store

• Not for the Venu Sq for some reason. I can not find most apps for my watch unfortunately. I messaged a developer asking him to support the Venu Sq...

• what if i want to register the separate yoga, open monitoring and focused attention sessions I do each months?

• Fitness of the mind and not just the body? It strikes me as a quick win for your development team.. Measure heart rate at the beginning and end as a measure of effectiveness and total time over a period as per other activities. Possibly look at the rate at which mediators can reduce heat rate and stress as a measure of getting better at it?  Team up with head space/calm apps for sharing data???

Just a thought. X

• New Forerunner 955 owner here - I was surprised to see this is not an option. Upvote!