This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Badges

I quite like the new badges, although losing sight of my step badges is annoying. I do note that the badges are very heavily weighted towards stepping, running and cycling. Where are all the swimming badges? I would have thought that some of the usual open water and pool swim distances would be worthy of a badge. Come on Garmin...there's a badge for a drone activity but not for a 1 mile swim? Not convinced that flying a drone does much for your fitness.
  • but then xxx ascent/descent are gone.

In the details below the graphs, they are still OK. You can try restoring the original (untrimming). If the badge disappears (probably not), try just changing the activity type to Run, and then back to Floor Climb.

• I dont think i see 256m ascent/ 220m descent right now, i see only min/max elevation under ascent section.

restoring the original means badge disappearing -

• i first tried trimming to 20mins (lowest badge) [got 334ft the badge]
    • restored to original [badge gone]
    • trimmed just a few seconds [ got the 735ft badge]

havent tried yet, changing activity to run and back yet (maybe soon :-) )

• I dont think i see 256m ascent/ 220m descent right now

This is what I see, when I open your activity:

• Yes, I think what he’s saying is it also used to show Ascent Gain and Ascent Loss alongside the still remaining Max and Min. 

• OK, I see. Yes, it is likely due to the trimming, since, unlike the elevation that is recorded at each key point, the ascent is a total value recorded only once per activity. So when you trim the activity, it is impossible to recalculate it, and hence it is removed, because it would be irrelevant.

As I wrote, instead of trimming, try just toggling the type of the activity, or editing/saving, or just restoring the untrimmed original - the badge will probably stay there anyway.

• I now tested a ConnectIQ app and it worked. So if anyone doesn't have a Floor Climbing app available, the "Any Activity" app allows to set up a Floor Climbing activity and it works, with the GPS activated (default: off). I don't know if it works with gps off and I don't want to test it, as my last attempt was close enough to failure. Smiley 112m meters were shown as elevation gained on garmin connect web, which was close to the "total ascent" indicated in the app. Hope that helps!

• Good recommendation, but I think the one your referring to hasn't been updated since 2018 so newer devices aren't able to download it. (I was going to try it to get the multisport Brick badge on my VA4S)

• I done a outdoor climb yesterday that had 467m of total elevation gain hoping to get the 1500f badge but out was not awarded.  Does anyone know why? Was it because I had recorded the activity in meters and not feet?

• Was it because I had recorded the activity in meters and not feet?

Certainly not. Could you share the activity as web link, and post the link here?