This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Badges

I quite like the new badges, although losing sight of my step badges is annoying. I do note that the badges are very heavily weighted towards stepping, running and cycling. Where are all the swimming badges? I would have thought that some of the usual open water and pool swim distances would be worthy of a badge. Come on Garmin...there's a badge for a drone activity but not for a 1 mile swim? Not convinced that flying a drone does much for your fitness.
  • As https://connect.garmin.com/modern/main/js/properties/badges-list/badges-list.properties currently doesn't work (for me), is there any other option to see the new badges, especially those for other regions. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok, nevermind, seems to be back online. Slight smile

• True, this general link is not working anymore.

Now you need to use full link with a version number (which may change later):

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/main/js/properties/badges-list/badges-list.properties?bust=4.36.0.17

Edit: you're right, looks like the general link started working again, so maybe it was just a temporary problem.

• The site is back up, but a nice hint, though! Thanks! Slight smile

• You could use my site: https://garminbadges.com

I'm checking almost daily for new badges. Sometimes several times per day when we are close to the announced dates. I also got a lot of helpful users that sends me info if I'm a bit slow Slight smile

• Seems that most activities that are recognized by badge system are for warm climates. Where are badges to recognize winter sport efforts like SKIING, SNOWBOARDING, WINTER HIKING (completely different then just regular summer hike), skating etc. For example for skiing make it the amount of downhill distance count towards appropriate badges or count vertical drop per day or the amount of consecutive days skiing....I could go on and on so if Garmin needs more ideas then reach out to their users.

• Seems that most activities that are recognized by badge system are for warm climates. Where are badges to recognize winter sport efforts like SKIING, SNOWBOARDING, WINTER HIKING (completely different then just regular summer hike), skating etc. For example for skiing make it the amount of downhill distance count towards appropriate badges or count vertical drop per day or the amount of consecutive days skiing....I could go on and on so if Garmin needs more ideas then reach out to their users.

• yeah, exactly where swim badges are :-) Stuck out tongue