This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 3 - Step Count Not Syncing Correct Amount

I noticed this a few days ago and thought nothing of it at the time. Now, it's happened on multiple consecutive days. The step count, after a sync, on the dashboard page of the Connect Mobile app shows the amount that's displayed on the watch. If I drill into the step count, I'm shown a different number. One that has always been a smaller number. As if it's for some reason subtracting from my step count. Anyone else see this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks,
Stephen Hagan ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1280295.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1280296.png
  • That is strange,
    Mine shows exactly the same number (Fenix 3 HR - 4.50).
    Did you do any activity involving steps that wouldn't count as normal steps ?
  • Not certain that I understand this question. Aren't all 'steps' counted as 'normal steps'? Can you give me an example?

Thanks,
  • My Fenix 3 HR is doing the same thing. My steps match what my watch says on the dashboard page, but when I pull up the steps page sometimes my step count is lower. It’s very frustrating when it is over 2,000 steps off. I’ve tried syncing it with my phone and with my computer. I’ve turned off my phone Bluetooth and disconnected Garmin from MyFitnessPal, but this issue keeps happening. My Garmin is running on the latest update and I’m on my correct time zone. And my steps are all ‘normal steps’ if that is even a thing.

Advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
  • any update on this? What's going on here? Today is another example of where I'm off by more than 1,000 steps.
  • Looks like I'm having same issue with a 935. Main page displays my step count for the day at 23,000 steps, go into the actual step page or Garmin Connect online web page and hasn't updated since early this morning at 1,000 steps.
  • This is still happening with mine. Very frustrating as it's motivating to see the calendar with the solid colours to show you reached the step goal. And to get a streak going. What's the story Garmin?
  • I noticed this a few days ago and thought nothing of it at the time. Now, it's happened on multiple consecutive days. The step count, after a sync, on the dashboard page of the Connect Mobile app shows the amount that's displayed on the watch. If I drill into the step count, I'm shown a different number. One that has always been a smaller number. As if it's for some reason subtracting from my step count. Anyone else see this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks,
    Stephen Hagan

My CONNECT dashboard shows calories not steps. Is there any way to change the default display to steps ?
  • Nobody from Garmin ever replies, so stop wasting your time and switch. 

• What device do you recommend switching to? 

My phone shows the correct number of steps, but the computer version of Garmin Connect doesn't show the correct number of steps. Unfortunately, it appears that Sparkpeople uses the computer version, because it also thinks I've only completed 98% of my goal today. This has been happening for multiple days now.