This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate Zones Graph wrong

For the last one week the Heart Rate Zones graph shows that the whole activity was in Z5 but it is not correct. When I hover the mouse over the zones for the recent workouts it does not display the zone limits but when I do the same in a previous workout I can see the limits and the graph is working fine.
I have checked the zone settings several times on Garmin connect, Garmin connect mobile and Fenix 5 and they are the same. I have changed the values several times and confirmed that they are syncing correctly between the watch and the Garmin connect.
There is a similar post from 2016 but the solution there is to make sure that the heart rate zones on Garmin connect and the watch are the same, but I already checked that and it did not solve the problem.
Any ideas that I should try? ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1253818.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1253819.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1253820.jpg
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thanks for your post. This is something that has been reported and we are actively investigating to determine the cause to get this resolved.
  • I have fixed this problem. I realized that even if I select to use only the default zones for all sports in garmin connect, on the fenix 5 it was showing separate profiles for running and swimming. I went into these profiles on the watch and deleted them which solved the problem.
    It seems that use default zones for all sports do not replicate successfully to fenix 5.
  • Thanks for posting the solution, I was experiencing this exact problem and deleting the running and cycling zones fixed it!
  • I am having the same issue with my new FR-945 (with my beloved FR-920 no problem at all). I will try your workaround. Garmin! why the problem still exists in new models?