This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add push/kick scooter activity

Given how common these are, I'm surprised that it isn't already in there.
  • And still cannot be selected for an activity.

That's really silly. You can select RC model or drone - what kind of fitness is that? - and you cannot choose kick scooter.

Come on guys, how hard is to add this single activity? We're not asking for an app, just for an item in the activities list.

Please do so soon, thank you!

• No idea what push/kick scooter is, but what prevents you from adding it as a custom activity on your watch? 

• what push/kick scooter is,

• what prevents you from adding it as a custom activity on your watch

I have done that, that's fine. I made Bike activity clone. I just wonder, why it's not in the list of possible activities on the Connect Website. Many people do this. At least in EU :o)

• I just wonder, why it's not in the list of possible activities on the Connect Website. Many people do this.

There are at least 8,000 different sports wordwide. Many of them are much more popular than yours. I rather hope Garmin is not going to add them all to the list Slight smile It makes sense only at sports requiring diametrally different tracking ad/or data metrics, than any of the already available categories.

• You can select RC model or drone - what kind of fitness is that?

It's not exactly a sport, but Garmin sells devices for that kind of activity, so they're included in the list.

• Well, that might be true. But still there are Activities (not sports or games) included in the list that are very probably less popular.

I'm not complaining, just wondering, as I've written.

• But still there are Activities (not sports or games) included in the list that are very probably less popular.

The popularity is not the only decisive point. Some activities require a diametrally different tracking, and a different data structure, than the available groups, and hence were selected as a sample Activity to represent a group of other activities with similar needs. Commercial interests, like what  presented, and the personal experience of the developpers may certainly play a role too, and I think it is rather comprehensible - it is always simpler to work with real live data. And in some cases, such activity may have been added at the occassion of a promotional event that Garmin sponsored, or been added as a result of some partnership.

• I would appreciate it too.

• "I rather hope"

Bellend