This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect not reading weight from Apple Health

I have messed with this for some time, but cannot seem to get this to work.

I have Garmin Connect installed on an iPhone 7s. I have this set to READ weight from Apple Health, where I have a Sync Solver successfully entering weight from Fitbit automatically. As seen in the attached screenshots.

However, Garmin NEVER reads these weights.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks!

• My take on this is that although Apple Health suggest that Garmin could read the data, that is not the same as Garmin saying they will. I strongly suspect that Garmin's data transfer is only one way. Garmin sends data to 3rd party sites. Garmin will not generally read data from 3rd party sites.

Think about this a bit deeper and understand how much work Garmin would have to put in to read data from the myriad of 3rd parties that permit Garmin to read data from them.
  • empress bancaja

Think about this a bit deeper and understand how much work Garmin would have to put in to read data from the myriad of 3rd parties that permit Garmin to read data from them.

Absolutely understood. However, sounds like a bigger waste for them to put it in and then it doesn't work. Besides, the whole point of Apple Healthkit is that Garmin then only has to support ONE 3rd party data source.
  • It make sense for the Garmin Connect App to be able to READ weight data from Apple Health - yet - that it doesn't prevents you from obtaining a holistic view of your health from Garmin Connect and make the App less "sticky" / useful. I use "another 'scale to read weight and post the weight data to Apple Health - Garmin Connect won't read it no matter what settings I try. Anyone else get this to work?

@Garmin: Is there a plan to add that feature to the iOS version of Garmin Connect? Or is it an Apple vs Android thing? i.e. if the benefit is not available through one supported platform then it's not going to be available through another?
  • Opening a bit of a zombie thread here but...

I have a Taylor smart scale that used to talk to GCM quite well with just allowing it to be read from Apple Health but that seems to have stopped working sometime in August. I don't know if there was an update to GCM in that time frame or not and I don't usually pay attention to what the weight is in GCM because I see it when I step on the scale. However with the new UX beta that data is a little more front and center and drew my attention.
  • Hi,
    I bought a smart scale on amazon .I've all the data on the apple Health app but GC dosn't read that values.
    Is it a Garmin or Apple issue ?

thanks

• Like gianrico.r, I would very much appreciate Garmin Connect reading my weight input from Apple Health. I also have a Smart Scale that syncs with Apple Health, but not GC. I know that they may be a financial dis-incentive to this for Garmin because you sell your own smart scale, but because I've already spent $600+ on a Fenix watch, I can't afford to also shell out extra cash on your smart scale when more affordable options are out there.

Simple things like not being able to read in data from Apple Health are what make me question sticking with Garmin long term, which has it's own financial incentive for your company. Please help change my mind!

Thanks,

Ben

• I don't know if there was an update to GCM in that time frame

It would appear there has been a change on the Apple Health app as the option to allow Garmin to read weight has gone.
  • However weight measure is enabled in Apple health the grammi connect app dosn’t Read that values.
    i think it is a garnin connect app issue and/ or bug
  • I have the same issue and wonder how to correct this.

• Note from Garmin site (https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=lK5FPB9iPF5PXFkIpFlFPA):

Data from Connect can transfer to Apple Health. The following is a list of what data types are sent to the Apple HealthKit:

NOTE: The Garmin Connect App cannot receive any data from Apple HealthKit. This includes data from an Apple Watch.

It is purely a Garmin issue, and certainly makes their data overview page significantly less useful / sticky.