This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • It didn't work for me. :(

I just tried to upload two TrainerRoad activities and I got an error message:

"An error accurred with your upload. Please try again.""

See screenshot:

These are the same two .TCX files I tried to upload a few days ago. The upload was successful, but for the reason we already know, it wouldn't display on Connect.

Am I the only "lucky" one?!?!
  • I just tried to upload two TrainerRoad activities and I got an error message:

"An error accurred with your upload. Please try again.""

See screenshot:

These are the same two .TCX files I tried to upload a few days ago. The upload was successful, but for the reason we already know, it wouldn't display on Connect.

Am I the only "lucky" one?!?!

Well, never mind. I tried again and it worked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • fixed but years of training datad gone!

Very Excited to load in my TCX file from my trainer and see that it showed up this evening! Very shocked to discover years of prior data from ALL of my workouts (Pre March 2017) simply GONE! Holy smokes I look like I just started training with Garmin! Did they fix one problem and make a much bigger problem or is this just me?
  • The fix for this issue was pushed to production this morning. TCX files without GPS will now upload and display in Garmin Connect as expected.

Files that were not displaying can now be re-imported and will be visible in the account. This was a backend Garmin Connect fix so there will be no public message in Garmin Connect or Garmin Express indicating that there was an update.

Thanks for taking care of it :-)!

Cheers
  • .tcx import fix - Looks good, Garmin. Thanks!

Just imported my Trainer Road tcx files from the last few weeks. Did the bulk import (all the files) and it worked great. Thank you!
  • An error occurred with your upload. Please try again. 2017 still got it....

Any news on this happening to people few years after the fix. Was okay a month ago now it doesnt work on my 920XT. Tried gpx and tcx files and several computers/tablets with no joy:(
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    This was an issue that started occurring in March of 2017 and was resolved near the end of the month. This is the first new report of TCX files not uploading since the fix was implemented. Can you attached the TCX or GPX file that is not working so that we can investigate this?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Alcides de JOSHUA

Unable to Upload TCX from Polar.

When I try to upload to these forums I'm getting an "INVALID FILE" message. I can upload the file just fine anywhere else.

Here's my google drive shareable link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ulNTru_gtnVTdtd1Z5OVZaWEU
  • Please get serious garmin devs...

This was an issue that started occurring in March of 2017 and was resolved near the end of the month. This is the first new report of TCX files not uploading since the fix was implemented. Can you attached the TCX or GPX file that is not working so that we can investigate this?

Not fixed, not addressed, not sufficiently acknowledged...

Importing data into this little walled garden of yours has been more problematic than not since the dawn of gpx data exchange. The mere fact that reporting, processing, handling of customer queries on this front is never ending should make you folks wonder... Why is data exchange so straightforward for non-garmin developers and platforms?? (Hint: it's not because you're on the leading edge...)

I had a better cold conversation with the Strava folks at RedHookCrit a few weeks ago than I did with your own people at the 2017 NY Bike Expo on this topic. Oh, wait, as it turns out, you should hire the Strava techs ... They actually know what they are talking about and communicate with their customers...

So... we live on... we pay premium prices for these products while the back end remains less than rock solid... expectations for data import are nil...

Expectations of excellence are nil... and mediocre is too high a bar

So there ya go, pressure's off...