This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    The Garmin Connect team has determined the root cause of this issue. They are working on a fix that they hope to have deployed to Garmin Connect in the very near future. We will update this thread once the patch is deployed. Thank you again for the discussion, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
  • The problem is not the uploading. There's a message that the upload was succesfull.
    The problem is that Garmin has changed things without thinking about the consequenses. They will say the didn't change anything 'cause that would make them look like a fool. (some people don't understand the command "don't fix it if it isn't broken")
    I ride my Tacx every week and had no problems at all, until recently.
    The last weeks I noticed that .tcx-files with geographic information can be seen on de Garmin-site after uploading, but those without geographic information can't, like those don't exist.

Garmin USA Helpdesk is said to be working on it with "case 1325272" as I'm told, but how long it takes is unknown.
    Obviously they don't use back-ups

How nice.
    I guess that means that indoor-exercise just-don't-count?
    I hope they really do fix it.
    I was beginning to think that my devices-not-syncing w/ GC, and the GC refusal to accept tcx uploads (when I can get my device to talk to TC), were because my workouts have been deemed unworthy....
  • The Garmin Connect team has determined the root cause of this issue. They are working on a fix that they hope to have deployed to Garmin Connect in the very near future. We will update this thread once the patch is deployed. Thank you again for the discussion, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

YAAY! That's great. On the assumption this is far more complicated than it appears to us noodlers, thank you!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    The fix for this issue was pushed to production this morning. TCX files without GPS will now upload and display in Garmin Connect as expected.

Files that were not displaying can now be re-imported and will be visible in the account. This was a backend Garmin Connect fix so there will be no public message in Garmin Connect or Garmin Express indicating that there was an update.
  • Confirmed. It's Working again.

Thanks
  • The fix for this issue was pushed to production this morning. TCX files without GPS will now upload and display in Garmin Connect as expected.

Files that were not displaying can now be re-imported and will be visible in the account. This was a backend Garmin Connect fix so there will be no public message in Garmin Connect or Garmin Express indicating that there was an update.

Working as described. Thank you to the Garmin team for correcting this issue!
  • Yes, thank you Garmin Support Team for getting all of us back in business, we appreciate it!!
  • Yes, thanks for fixing it!

But since my 305s will now sync to GC (instead of giving me a big red 'error' banner in GE) I won't have to do the importing I was trying to do anyway!
    (though I may test it with something really old just-to-see)

I've been lucky that TC is still working so at least when I couldn't sync to GC I could retrieve the data.
  • I can download/upload tcx files from Garmin Connect to Strava, however no luck with Garmin Training Center or Device Agent for Training Peaks/WKO. Seems like this occured after Garmin rolled out V6.2 update for the 820.

Agreed. I cannot load a fit fil directly from Garmin 820 to TrainingPeaks or Device Agent /WKO after update to 6.2 last week. Called Garmin twice and both times they said they cannot do anything about third party programs. That didn't sit well with me so I rolled back the update to my previous version 5.2 and now it works fine. When I told them the problem started with the latest update they stated that there was nothing in that update that would have caused the problem. Obviously something in their protocol changed and I hope they fix it soon.
  • With the Edge 820 6.2 upgrade the format of the FIT file was updated to use file specification 2.0 (from 1.0). The onus is on the third parties to upgrade, not on Garmin to "fix" by returning to the old spec.