This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • Still waiting for a resolution. My TR roads are stacking up. My first 1/2 iron is in June, and I really need this feature to work.

thank you
  • Just in case anyone needs a workaround for this. I use TR, and additionally now record my session using my Garmin Edge...TR is set to rebroadcast the power value so it grabs that too. I then can sync the Garmin .fit file into Garmin Connect successfully.

That's exactly what I do with PerfPro Studio. I grab the virtual power data on my 920 and sync the .fit file as normal. I don't need to have the file from PerfPro Studio.
  • Just in case anyone needs a workaround for this. I use TR, and additionally now record my session using my Garmin Edge...TR is set to rebroadcast the power value so it grabs that too. I then can sync the Garmin .fit file into Garmin Connect successfully.

How do you do this? Thx
  • Shame!

See posts 25 and 91 on this thread.

unfortunately this is all Garmin reply these days...not exactly useful!
  • Was told that there is an ongoing .tcx file import issue that is being worked on, expected resolution 1 - 2 weeks, my e-mail added to the case so that I'll get e-mail updates on progress.
    Also told that that .tcx files will only import properly if they contain GPS data, the fix to above issue will only work with files that contain GPS data.
    I have also passed all this info on to TrainerRoad support to see if they are aware/know of a resolution.

Thanks for passing this on to the TrainerRoad folks brother, maybe they can pull some strings and get us a fix faster! :)
  • I've been following this topic for a few weeks now as I'm having same issue with manual upload of TCX files generated by Tacx Trainer Software. Really disappointed by lack of responsiveness from Garmin ...
  • Daily "fix it now" bump.
    That isn't going to give the issue any higher priority on Garmin's list of things to do; and, no, this user discussion forum is not a problem management (or ‘bug-tracker’) application.
  • I have the same issue for 2 weeks already

I have the same issue for 2 weeks already.

My trainerroad tcx file has been upload and sync to strava completely, but cannot view on garmin connect.
  • I have been manually importing .tcx files from TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad. This is a feature I have consistently used over the past few months. Over the past week, it has stopped working.

After selecting file and clicking import, I receive an Import Complete. When clicking on the "View Details" link it brings me to the Activities page. Searching through the list, the imported entry is not present.

Garmin Forerunner 910XT
    Software: 3.20.0.0

I have the same problem importing txc files that I exported from Training Center. (TC is the only way I've been able to retrieve/sync my data at all, my FR 305 -- two of them -- will not sync to GC, just spin the blue circle & then big red error banner, for the past week or more.)

I get the same result you do -- all appears to go well but the data is nowhere to be seen in GC.