This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • Same Problem - no solution, yet?

I have been having the same problem for the last week or so. I complete a Trainerroad workout and then download the tcx file to my computer. I try to upload the file to Garmin and it says "Upload Complete". When I click on view details Garmin takes me to my Activites page and there is no sign of the upload. This is very frustrating as I am trying to track my progress for several upcoming races. Does Garmin have a solution?
  • It's a bit easier

Like others - I have been uploading TrainerRoad files for ages but they stopped working recently.

Garmin - this is a MAJOR problem. Also not helpful when Garmin moved the import function from the Activities page to the Profile menu without telling users or making it easy to figure our where the function got moved to. In the future, when you move a major feature please put a link to the new location so users can find it! I like to spend my time working out, not swearing at Garmin web-based support (also not very functional or helpful) trying to find out where you have moved important features, or trying to figure our why they don't work.

I would note that my TrainerRoad files automatically upload to my Strava account - no need to download and upload anything. You may want to ask Strava how to add this function.

The import is on the top of your dashboard the little + icon on the right.

I'm also sure Garmin knows how to integrate with TR it is most likely contractual if I had to guess.
  • It appears just tcx files are affected (gpx too maybe)...I uploaded successfully a .fit file yesterday with no issues.
  • Same problem as other on thread. (No fix suggestions)

Gamin FYI only: Just to add to numbers to keep thread live.

RodMB
  • This is getting ridiculous. Why is this taking so long to fix? It's not like it's some new feature that's broken, it's a feature that's been around forever and broke with whatever change was made recently--seemingly easy enough to revert back and fix and test the bug until whatever changed actually works properly. Extremely frustrated! :mad:
  • Same issue any updates yet Garmin ?
  • Seems that TCX with GPS data imports just fine. It's only TCX WITHOUT gps data that is not importing.

I have several treadmill runs that won't import, but my outdoor runs import in just fine.
  • Additional frustration over this major issue.
  • Another user having issues

Same boat as all you guys, can't upload my Tranerroad files as I've been able to for years. It was driving me crazy, came here to the forums to see if anyone else was having issues. Yup, joining the club here. GARMIN PLEASE FIX THIS!
  • Sounds like the same deal...

I have a Forerunner 410 and have used it to log my runs and rides both indoors and outdoors. I use the ANT stick with Garmin Express to upload my workouts. The last activity that successfully uploaded to Garmin Connect was an indoor cycling trainer ride on March 7, 2017. Due to a running injury, all of my activities have been indoors since that time so I cannot verify that it will upload files with GPS data. However, all activities I have completed since that time have uploaded to both Strava and Training Peaks. I should have paid more attention since then to try and remember if I updated the Garmin Express software. I mainly use Garmin Connect to monitor the calorie burn of my activities.