This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    We appreciate the continued discussion on this issue. This is an issue that still being worked on by the Garmin Connect team, and has been given a high priority. We will post any new updates when they are available.
  • +1 Exact same problem for me

I've been loading tcx files from trainer road workouts for years now. Always worked perfectly until last couple of weeks. I've tried to load a number of different workouts. It seems to load the file OK. It says import is complete, but files never appear on activities list ?!!?!??? Very frustrating.
    :mad:
  • TCX import not working

When does this feature work again?
  • Does not show up in GC but sync perfectly to Endomondo???
  • TCX import not working

Sync to strava works also??? But doesn't show up in GC.
  • I've been using GC for years and years and I've never seen a crash and burn like this one. I wish they would hurry up and get it fixed. I'm building up a pile of TCX files here, and my GC is way out of date.
  • Still can't upload .tcx files from TrainerRoad

Just adding another name/post so Garmin knows that we're ticked about this. Two weeks and ...
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    This kind of stuff, combined with the issues I've had with the index scale give me a lot of pause when looking at the Fenix 5.

The last activity I was able to upload was on the 4th of March. Very obviously something has been changed on Garmin's side since then which broke that feature. Rolling back that change shouldn't be that hard. Half baked changes and updates are a real problem w Garmin.
  • Import Files not workig

Like others - I have been uploading TrainerRoad files for ages but they stopped working recently.

Garmin - this is a MAJOR problem. Also not helpful when Garmin moved the import function from the Activities page to the Profile menu without telling users or making it easy to figure our where the function got moved to. In the future, when you move a major feature please put a link to the new location so users can find it! I like to spend my time working out, not swearing at Garmin web-based support (also not very functional or helpful) trying to find out where you have moved important features, or trying to figure our why they don't work.

I would note that my TrainerRoad files automatically upload to my Strava account - no need to download and upload anything. You may want to ask Strava how to add this function.
  • HI Garmin
    Thanks for continuing to work on this issue. I hope it gets resolved soon...even better an api which allows direct syncing between trainer road and GC :)

Thanks
    Jennifer