This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • @SEILOGRAMP I've uploaded (your shared drive, tcx_upload_response.txt) part of the response from when the tcx file is uploaded, seems there is an error but it does not say what. It did allocate an ID for the activity, but fails to follow through on it.
  • anything from Garmin on this yet?

This is a big issue. They also have not fixed my related issue that Garmin Express isn't working for my 705. At least I think it's related because they both happened at the same time......
  • Tick, tick...

Are any of these forums moderated by employees of Garmin who can alert the relevant team to issues, because this problem is now a week old? There's not been official confirmation that a problem exists. Can we have a statement from Garmin saying what is likely causing the problem and an estimated time for them to resolve it, please?

It feels like because it relates to third party sites - in my case, TrainerRoad, where data is gathered from a Wahoo Kickr on an iPad that Garmin see it as low priority because it has no bearing on their money generating products, 'only' on their ecosystem.
  • This is getting really annoying. I have not been able to manually upload a valid TCX file for 2 weeks. There are some workouts that I do without a Garmin device where I rely on just the Wahoo Tickr X. Trying to import the TCX file is successful, but the activity does not show up in my list. :mad:

• Same here!
    Garmin Connect support and service is complete opposite of very good service for devices! Almost two weeks and still problem exists. I can't help but remember migration to modern version of Garmin Connect. Problems persisted weeks without solving.
  • Fix it!

How is this not fixed yet! The file is definitely being uploaded into Garmin though because it's then showing up in Training Peaks and the only way that can happen is if Garmin is pushing it there. But it won't display in Garmin anywhere (calendar, activities...). Fix it already or at least acknowledge that you're working on it!:mad:
  • You can use Tapiriik to push the workouts to GC while Garmin is working on it...: https://tapiriik.com/

Cheers

This is a great alternative until they have fixed the issue. Just have to correct for the calories.
  • Tapiriik stopped working for me today :mad: didn't push to GC, I tried to upload the tcx manually over GC first. When this failed, I tried Tapiriik and it didn't sync because apparently the activity IS there. You just can't see it :confused:

https://twitter.com/TrainerRoad/status/841786389045825536

https://twitter.com/StefanDuijndam/status/839755562585849858
  • Not Displaying

Tapiriik stopped working for me today :mad: didn't push to GC, I tried to upload the tcx manually over GC first. When this failed, I tried Tapiriik and it didn't sync because apparently the activity IS there. You just can't see it :confused:

I thought the same thing - the activity definitely is there...just can't see it.
  • TXC not uploading

I agree that it is just not displaying. I download from TP and import to Garmin; the connection I have between Garmin and TP and Beginner Triathlete resulted in multiple copies of the workout on TP and BT, but nothing on Garmin. I just put manual entries as placeholders until this is fixed.