This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • Manual import to Connect not working

Have also noted when I try and synch files off my Edge 800 the activities on it do not appear in Connect.

Tried a manual import of the tcx file via Training Peaks and it says it imported it but as others have reported the file does not appear in the Activities list.

Sounds like a system problem?
  • Me too

Also having same issue. TrainerRoad won't let me import to Garmin Connect using manual option.

Interestingly, when I do upload the activity, it does sync it over to TrainingPeaks. My flow is TrainerRoad -> manual to Garmin Connect -> auto to TrainingPeaks. I see nothing in Garmin Connect but the activity shows in TrainingPeaks.

Very odd.
  • All TCX files without GPS data seem to fail :(

Me too...

I have a lot of TCX files that used to import correctly to Garmin Connect - but now fails as described.
    This includes raw TCX data from older Garmin devices like the one enclosed.

Can you fix this please Garmin?
  • Same problem, but via Sufferfest App. Thus it is no exclusive to Trainer Road. I have not been able to upload files to Garmin Connect for several days now.
  • Also, same problem, both via Sufferfest App & Trainerroad. I have not been able to upload files to Garmin Connect for almost a week now.
    Come Garmin...let us know when this will be fixed please
  • Trainer Road tcx

Same Problem: I have been experiencing similar problems importing TrainerRoad tcx files into my Activities. I checked the Site Status and activity uploads are 'online' (they have recently been offline on a number of occasions) but the upload failed to show in my activities (BT sync from my 920XT still works though). What makes it worse is the fact that the uploaded activity is forwarded on from Garmin to Training Peaks and Strava! Just put my tcx file (MSAJ MIST) into the OneDrive location previously mentioned on this thread.
  • Tacx Trainer TCX files same issue

Same here issue just started a week or so ago. My March 7th trainer ride was my last import without issue. Garmin has an an obvious issue going on. My problem is rather interesting. The run and swim activities do display fine on Garmin Connect from my 920XT. Here is what's interesting: Strava and Training Peaks have permissions to get my data from Garmin Connect, so the starting point with my training is Garmin. When I import my trainer bike ride files into Garmin Connect it says it imported fine but the workout does not show up on the activity screen. HOWEVER, the workout data IS automatically moved over (from Garmin) to Strava and Training Peaks and displays just fine. In short: Garmin gets the TCX bike training file, fails at displaying it in my list of activities, but can successfully move the data onward to both Strava and Training Peak where there is no indication of a problem in those accounts. Very strange. Has there been a break through answer yet?
  • Same Issue. Manual Import of TCX files stopped working sometime after March 8th.

Same issue as many have posted here.

Always upload my Sufferfest or TrainerRoad workout TCX files to Garmin Connect. My last successful upload was on March 8th. My March 11th workout failed to upload. (Note: More specifically, The Garmin Connect manual upload screen says Upload Complete View Details after clicking the upload button, but when you click view details there is nothing to show.) Hasn't worked since.

1) Does Garmin monitor these threads or are we all just talking into a black hole? I hate this support posture.

2) Does anyone know a garmin support email address or phone number??? (Seems like you have to be a research analyst to find them on their site.)

3) Have any of my fellow forum "victims of Garmin" figured this out?

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!
  • Everyone Please Call Garmin Support Regarding This. i will tomorrow morning.

PRODUCT SUPPORT
    U.S. 913-397-8111 | 1-888-442-7646
    Canada 1-866-429-9296
    Mon-Thurs 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CT. Closed weekends and holidays.
    If troubleshooting connectivity between your Garmin device and your smart phone, please contact us from a different phone.
  • Time to Contact Garmin Support

I just sent an email to Garmin Support Canada with the link to this thread on the forum. Looks like Seilogramp is suggesting we do this to get the visibility of this problem raised and maybe get some programming resources applied to it and get it fixed...soon. Please!