This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • In the meantime, I found that using tapiriik does get the files into Garmin Connect, even with auto sync.
    It is quite good, but the calorie count is a bit off after the auto sync.

Tapiriik takes some setting up, but works well after that.
  • Same issue with TrainerRoad to GC upload

I'm having the same type of issue when manually uploading a .tcx file from TrainerRoad to Garmin Connect. I know it went through because GC pushed it to Training Peaks and Strava, but it's nowhere to be found in my GC activities.
  • Same thing here

Just adding to the list. Same problem with uploading a workout from TrainerRoad to Garmin Connect. Tuesday's workout uploaded fine but Thursday says its loaded but is not in activities list. Have tried multiple times with no luck. It did upload the information to Strava, Training Peaks, and My fitness Pal without problem but doesn't show on Garmin.
  • Did anyone have any resolution? I can't get any of my Trainer Road files to import (even when it says complete). It is uploading to Strava (via GC) but does not show up on mine :(
  • Did anyone have any resolution? I can't get any of my Trainer Road files to import (even when it says complete). It is uploading to Strava (via GC) but does not show up on mine :(

You can use Tapiriik to push the workouts to GC while Garmin is working on it...: https://tapiriik.com/

Cheers
  • Same issue with uploading files from Trainerroad.
  • Thank you for the continued discussion on this top and for posting the TCX files. This is an issue that we are working with the Connect team to investigate.

I notice Garmin Connect Status is still "Down" "Activity Uploads". Any progress in fixing the problem? I upload TCX files converted from CycleOps Joule GPS+ from my trainer workouts. For the last 2 days they upload correctly to GC but do not appear either in the activity listing nor are they visible when clicking on "View Activity" after upload. They do appear in both Strava and TrainingPeaks. (both linked to my GC account)
  • Same problem with interesting insight...

I have the same problem with manual upload of TrainerRoad TCX files: used to work perfectly but stopped working in the last week.
    Here is an interesting insight:

My Garmin Connect is synced to Training Peaks, so any work I do using the Garmin Connect will be automatically synced and uploaded to Training Peaks,

Since last week, when I manually upload the TCX files, I cannot see it on the Garmin Connect but it appears perfectly on Training Peaks,
    So the Garmin Connect can read it and transfer it to Training Peaks but does not present it.
    Strange...
  • Can't upload TCX from TTS4, used to wok for the past 2 years
  • Hi,

same issue for me as well. I've tried with files that I've previously successfully uploaded to GC but they fail now. Symptom is the same: upload seems to go through successfully, no errors shown but the link takes to general activities page and the uploaded activity is nowhere to be seen.