This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing elapsed time.

I got a rogue reading for my elapsed time on a bike ride (imported from mapmyride)

I was wondering if there was anyway of changing the elapsed time on garmin connect?
  • Try clicking on the pencil (Edit) icon in the top right corner of the activity details page:

then you'll be able to see all the fields that you can edit.

• Thanks, but I meant the total elapsed time which isn't on that window.

Is there any way this can be changed?
  • It seems, then, that the answer is no.

Why would you feel the need to change the elapsed time for an activity anyway, when it is not used for calculating the summary statistics (e.g. average speed)? If elapsed time is noticeably longer than the ‘timer’ time for the activity record, then it simply means you left your recording device in paused/stopped mode for a while before you decided to terminate the session and save the activity. OK, in this case it's not exactly how long you left your Garmin device in activity mode, but I'm not sure in what way the elapsed time actually matters.
  • It seems there is no way to change the elapsed time.

The elapsed time matters because of uploading the activities to Strava. When I uploaded a bike ride that took 1 hour 20 minutes from Garmin Connect (elapsed time shown as over 60 hours), Strava showed the time as 4 hours so all the segments were messed up.

It seems I'll have to think of something else.