This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wifi setup issues - 920XT

Evening.

I'm sure this has been covered a million times already, but I can't find a relevant thread via the forum search tool. So I would appreciate it if someone could signpost me to a thread related to a fix for the issue of the Forerunner 920XT not connecting to my home wifi system.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to the problem but basically I have tried all the options available in the setup wizard of Garmin Express included the automatic network search (didn't find the network - that my computer is connected to now!!!!!!) and the manual network set-up tool. Then I've updated my 920XT via a cable connection, allowed it to sync/ update etc. then when I use the 920xt to try and connect to the network it keeps coming up with with 'connection failed'. my wifi network a simple Sky Broadband setup, nothing fancy, just straight out of the box.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue or if there is an existing thread which I can read through please?

Cheers

Chris W
  • Search function is not necessarily any good. However, a few minutes looking at thread titles will find you all the information you desire. Too hard to pin it down to anything in particular as all setups are very different.

Of course, if all else fails, contact Garmin support. There have been suspicions that some devices might have wifi hardware issues.

To be honest, I gave up worrying about wifi along time ago as I do everything over bluetooth so not even sure whether or not mine works.