This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Treadmill walking

I see that treadmill running is an activity on GC, but not treadmill walking. Can that be added as an activity type?
  • Just choose walking. Does it really matter that much? You can always change the activity name to reflect that it's on a treadmill.
  • Just choose walking. Does it really matter that much? You can always change the activity name to reflect that it's on a treadmill.

I already do change the activity name to treadmill. If it doesn't matter that much, then why have "treadmill running" activity type?
  • @EGOMOL

It's a conspiracy aimed at getting people running on treadmills rather than walking of course.

And to answer your question directly, it could of course be added to the ever growing list of activities, that also by the way does not include underwater basket weaving. Whether Garmin will ever add it or not is another matter. Your only real recourse is to contact Garmin Support and request it. Better still, get a petition going, persuade thousands of like-minded people to sign it, then submit that to Garmin as well.

PS
    No need to directly quote the post above yours. If you do want your post to specifically reference someone, use their name directly.
  • I guess it depends on your device. y VivoActive device as Walk, Run, Treadmill Walk and Treadmill Run.
  • No. He's referring to the list of activities that can be selected on Garmin Connect:

• Did you ever figure this out? I cant run any.ore but walk a ton on the treadmill but when i do indoor walking it doesnt count as a treadmill activity towards the badge. Basically i need it to count as both treadmill activity as well as walking miles just like treadmill running does towarda running but cant figure out how to get it to do that... 

• Which badge do you want it to count for? Walking badges only accept activities with a walking type. Treadmill walking is of type "Other" so it doesn't count as Walking. 

• I want it to count as walking miles and as a treadmill activity just like "treadmill running" counts towards running miles and as a treadmill activity. Right now there is an option for treadmill running but not for treadmill walking. I always work towards the walking badges every month but there is also treadmill activities badges available too. I have the 50 treadmill activities from back when i could run and ran on the treadmill alot but now ive been working towards my treadmill 100 but since i cant run anymore, only walk (have back issues), it doesnt count now as a treadmill activity. Make sense? I have an indoor walk setting on my watch which has the icon of a treadmill that i use but it still doesnt count it as a treadmill activity. 

• You can't get those two badges at the same time. The treadmill badges only counts "Treadmill running". The walking badge only counts "Walking" or its two sub types "Speed walking" and "Casual walking".

Treadmill walking and Indoor walking don't exist in Garmin Connect so they don't count for any of those badges. It is a bit confusing that the watches got activity profiles with names that got no corresponding activity type in Garmin Connect. Most users don't see the difference between an activity profile and an activity type. The profiles can be named to anything and got a type. Treadmill walking and Indoor walking are profile names with the type Other.

What you can do is to select which badge you want to work towards and change the activity to either Treadmill running or Walking.