This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Garmin Connect syn with Bkool simulator software?

(I've also asked this question with Bkool)

I'm not sure if I've understood correctly, but do you know if my ride data from Bkool trainer simulator can auto sync with Connect? I found an option in Bkool software to connect with both strava and Connect, have enabled Connect, entered my login details and clicked allow as requested, but the ride details from Bkool have not appeared in Connect. I've been through the Bkool .pdf manual as well as the online help, and there's absolutely no mention of this feature.
  • Did you work this one out?

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?
  • I think I've found the answer....

I think this explains it - found on Bkool blog....

"For the time being, this connection [Bkool & Garmin accounts] will only show workouts from Garmin Connect and send them to your Bkool profile. It will not synchronise your activities on Bkool to your Garmin account however we are not ruling this possibility out for a future update".
  • I think this explains it - found on Bkool blog....

"For the time being, this connection [Bkool & Garmin accounts] will only show workouts from Garmin Connect and send them to your Bkool profile. It will not synchronise your activities on Bkool to your Garmin account however we are not ruling this possibility out for a future update".

Yes, very disappointing. I got this reply from them back in January; Thanks for your message. The sync between Bkool and Garmin accounts allows Garmin sessions to be stored at Bkool.com once it is set up, but not from Bkool to Garmin yet, we are sorry.

Strava and Bkool sessions are fully synchronised.

See you at Bkool,

Bkool Team.
  • 3 years later and still no luck on this solution. 

• VERY disappointing

• 5 years later and no change

• 7 years and no fix from Garmin.
    Garmin - You've done it for Zwift - so please allow it for BKOOL !!!!!
    If Garmin doesnt fix this  I'll have to use my own fix (e.g. in about 12months I will replace my Fenix and Garmin Connect, with CORUS and Strava).

• 7 years and no fix from Garmin.

AFAIK, Garmin does not develop any interfaces for 3rd party services. Garmin already has an API that 3rd party services can use. The 3rd party needs to acquire the access to the API and develop their own interface. The access to the the API for writing back to Garmin is restricted more than the read-only API. It requires a certification process (to avoid spoiling Garmin's database with bad data), and possibly also some license fees. That's the true reason why the number of 3rd party apps writing back to Garmin is much lower than those who use the easier accessible read-only API.

There is not much Garmin can do for you here. You have to speak to the 3rd party service and persuade them that the additional hurdle of acquiring the full access to Garmin's API is worth of it.