This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation in Connect vs. Strava?

Hello, I just got a FR 235 for Christmas and I've been using it for running and cycling with great results. I have it synced with my Strava account as well. I've noticed that the elevation graph shown in Connect shows a completely flat course with nearly no elevation change at all, while the graph in Strava seems to show my route's elevation changes perfectly. I run route that takes me from my neighborhood down to a river where I cross a pretty high bridge. In Strava, I see my run start at "0 ft", then drop a few feet as I near the river, then I can see the rise as I climb the causeway, fall when I descend, then the pattern is repeated as I turn around and cover the same path on my return trip. It shows a total change in elevation of maybe 75' or so. In connect, the graph appears completely flat, but a total change in elevation of 12' is reported in the stats.

Why would these two programs show such differing information when the data is pulled from the same device? And even worse, why would Garmin's own software appear to be the inaccurate one when using Garmin's data?

Am I missing something? Do I have a setting messed up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris