This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using Heat Maps

Hi, I am trying to use the heat maps feature however frustratingly can find very little about the feature. I'm hoping someone may be able to help?

I have created my own routes, however cannot find out how to find other people's routes. Heat maps in fact isn't showing up any routes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Not identical. The blue portion of your 1st and 3rd images is Gamin's overlay of their heatmap on Garmin Connect, not a Google or Bing thing, which is what confused me on your first message in this thread.

But I found that it is not a Garmin thing, but rather Google Maps
  • Not identical. The blue portion of your 1st and 3rd images is Gamin's overlay of their heatmap on Garmin Connect, not a Google or Bing thing, which is what confused me on your first message in this thread.

I see the difference now.

I was looking at the whole map and did not see relatively small difference.

Interesting to note that for the layers for Google maps you have Bicycling (google) and Heatruns (Garmin). Under Bing on the Heatmaps, and none under open streets.
    If You turn off the Bicycle layer for google maps then the Garmin heatmaps is clear.

I wonder why it is not available for open streets as it is completely Garmin info added. Maybe a licensing problem. If Garmin "adds" anything then they have to give to open streets. Just a guess.