This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Local restaurants not showing up with specific search terms

Former Member
Former Member
I don't know if this is the right sub-forum to post this in. I honestly don't even know what "Garmin Connect" is. Is it gps software? An online support group?

I've got the latest map updates on my Garmin Nuvi. Just as a test, I searched for "pizza". It came up with several results, but for some reason, it's not listing the most important ones. There's one joint that has been there for over 40 years and is THE place to go for pizza. They serve almost no other food but pizza, but they're not showing up. Same is true for another place down the street that's also known for their pizza. Garmin knows about them, because if you search for "bar", they're listed. In the pizza category, it seems that you must be either a national chain (papa ginos or dominos) or have "pizza" in your name (Bob's House of Pizza).

Is there a way to submit updates to the map database so that these places come up if you search for them?