This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone imported their MapMyRun full workout history into Garmin?

I have over three years of workout with MapMyRun (MVP Membership) and I'm wondering if it's possible to get all of that into Garmin Connect? I've looked at so many sites that say it's possible by exporting MMR's full workout in CSV and then converting that to GPX and then import that into Garmin. It's easier said than done. I've encountered nothing but errors after errors from the many recommended conversion apps. I'm logging my runs and hikes using a Fenix3 HR now instead of the phone and hope that I don't have to lose all those years of hard work.
  • Take a look at something called tapirik you sign into both GC and MMR and let it do its stuff

The menus are a bit obtuse from what I remember so have a play before executing the transfer it worked for me, I got the distances and route from MMR but not much else but at least all was across and I then shut down my MMR account
  • I looked at Tapiriik last night and noticed that MapMyFitness (MMR) isn't supported.
  • Ok maybe you can export from MMR to strava and then tapirik from strava to GC
  • MMR only exports full workout history in one format: CSV. And Strava only works with .gpx, .tcx and .fit files unfortunately.
  • Any luck with this?  I just got a Fenix 6S for Christmas, and it pushes my runs from Garmin to MapMyRun just fine... however... trying to get my past runs from MapMyRun into my new Garmin account is proving extremely difficult.  Super frustrated/disappointed at this point.  I've tried downloading the data from MapMyRun as a csv file and as a gpx file - Garmin won't recognize either.  Surely there's a way to push old runs into the Garmin account?  Help?!

• I'm having the same problem. Help Garmin!

• I've tried downloading the data from MapMyRun as a csv file and as a gpx file - Garmin won't recognize either

How are you exporting as a gpx file? Could not find it on the Mapmyrun site. I see where you can download all your data in CSV format, or individually as a TCX file.

If you have a sample GPX file, please attach it here so we can see why Garmin will not accept it.

I successfully uploaded a MapMyRun workout as a TCX to Garmin Connect.

• I ended up exporting as individual TCX files and then uploading one by one to Garmin.  T-E-D-I-O-U-S.  I only did this for the runs I really wanted to keep, so maybe a dozen?  Not hard, just takes awhile.  Seems like Garmin would think up a way to batch import...

• Using the Import Data page, you can import several simultaneously. Also, some 3rd party software, such as Fit File Repair Tool can do a batch file import. Comes in handy if you have hundreds of files to import.  Would be easier if MapMyRun would allow a batch export of their TCX files.

It looks like their MVP paid plan has an "Export Workout" feature. Not sure what that is, because I can already export individually.