This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Step Challenges Stuck in Calculating Results

For the past few weeks the step challenges don't seem to be finishing on their own. Last week, after a few days of waiting, the system kicked me out of the previous challenge and didn't add me to a new one. Any ideas on when this will be fixed.

I have to add that the web site has had a lot of problems lately and I am disappointing in the lack of quality control over there.

Also, I just noticed that I have no steps on Saturday and Sunday.
  • I think these two issues are related. Many people, including me, are missing steps from Sunday through Tuesday. Today's steps are showing up in the graph, but still missing are Sunday-Tuesday. The missing steps from Sunday are doubtless preventing calculating challenge results. Garmin says they're "working on it" but haven't caught up yet with the historical data. We'll see.
  • I have my steps from the weekend now, yay. Plus I see that last weeks challenge is still being processed, but at least now my steps are in it.
  • Generally, you can't fix missing steps. I'll give you my advice. (1) Keep your watch charged. Do this by leaving your charger in your computer's USB port. Any time you sit at your computer (like now for me), charge your watch. (2) Delete the very old FIT files. Plug your watch into your computer. The computer will treat your watch as a harddrive. Use File Manager to navigate to your Garmin files. Any files more than about 60 days old, delete. This will ensure your Garmin always has storage space.  (3) Never go past midnight without syncing. A sync tomorrow is unreliable. After your last activity of the day, sync. Make sure that Garmin recognizes your steps. If not, sync with a hardwire rather than through the air. If you still can't get Garmin to recognize your steps, you are doomed but you have the time to correct. Put your watch in activity mode and do the steps you need to keep your streak, such as 10,000/day. Sync. When you are happy with the number that Garmin Connect gives you, go to bed. Never, ever, trust Garmin to carry your number forward to the next day. You will lose that bet occasionally if you take it. You lose when your watch is uncharged or your storage space is full.