This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map not appearing on Connect

Advice please. I'm a newbie to Garmins. All was going well, but Connect isn't showing my routes for the last couple of runs. All the other data is there, including elevation etc, so the GPS must be working. Have I inadvertently clicked something I shouldn't have done?
  • When you click the activity, is there still a box where the map should be (with the "+", "-" Layers, and Lap buttons)?. If so, try choosing a different layer type.

I know that a group that I was in, had some people join that were running in China. I could not see their map. I changed the layer from "Open Street Map" to "Google" and I could see their map
  • No, nothing at all. If I click into the Activities tab, it shows only the elevation, pace, HR and cadence graphs. But, up until 2 days ago, all my runs were showing with the map too.
  • Maps not showing from Forerunner 235

I have the same issue. No map information displayed in connect dashboard or activities pages from my forerunner. Worked on Friday, not working Sunday :-(
  • Sorry to hear that. I can't see that I've changed anything, so it must be a bug somewhere. I've tried syncing by Bluetooth to my iPhone too, but that does't work either. Quite frustrating. I've emailed Garmin's helpdesk. Hopefully they'll be able to help. Will share anything useful on here.
  • Same issue here

Hi. Hope you get a response from help-desk and will share here. Same problem on my end. Last two runs do not have any map data (GPS has been working fine, distance/speed information is logged) while all earlier runs have.
  • Problem continues

Just uploaded a run with same problem. If I export the activity to TCX file, other mapping web sites says that it has no valid GPS data. E.g. somehow either the watch (Forerunner 235) or the upload tool does not read properly the GPS data. The activity does record distance and speed data which I assume is based on GPS so it seems only GPS coordinates are not transferred. I dropped also support email to Garmin. Hope they fix this ASAP and that there is a way to restore the runs in an update.
  • I power cycled the watch this morning and did a test tonight - maps are back! Don't know what made them go away though :-(
  • Did everyone fix this? If so what did you do ?

I've had the same issue for a couple of days now
  • Ditto

I have the same issue. No map information displayed in connect dashboard or activities pages from my forerunner. Worked on Friday, not working Sunday :-(

Exact same issue, garmin 235. Two runs Saturday (and every one prior) have maps, runs Sunday 2/21, 2/23 and 2/24 the map section is not showing. I changed no settings on my watch over this time frame.
  • Exact same issue, garmin 235. Two runs Saturday (and every one prior) have maps, runs Sunday 2/21, 2/23 and 2/24 the map section is not showing. I changed no settings on my watch over this time frame.

I power cycled yesterday and bi-cycled today - with maps :-)