This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A problem occurred while attempting to sign into Garmin Connect....

Former Member
Former Member
Over and over and over again on my android. i am using the correct user/pw and am currently connected to the same internet as this computer I'm typing from.

There is no other error information for me to provide you.

This is a brand new connect account. What are the trouble shooting steps for the app.
  • Yep seeing this too. Am logged in fine here.

Deleted all data and cache but still can't login on Android.
  • This may or may not help.

A number of people had similar issues because their phones' time settings were wrong.

Start there.
  • Having the same issue here. Time is correct, cannot sign in on 3 different Android devices, no idea why I was signed out in the first place. Can log in fine via a web browser, was there an app update recently?
  • Got a new Samsung android phone, downloaded Connect app and it wont let me sign in, same problem as others are describing. Old phone is still connected via wireless (no SIM) with original App and I can sign in fine.
    I've reset the password, via the new phone and App and it reset ok. Try to log in with newly reset password on new phone and get the problem while attempting to sign in message.
    This really frustrating/ :confused:
  • Apparently attempting to log in 3 times in a row actually is a workaround suggested by Garmin that works.
  • Trying to login 3 times worked for me. Thanks for that hint
  • Great tip, thanks. I can now log in after trying the multiple attempts approach on my new phone.
    I would have thought knowing the workaround that Garmin devs should be able to fix this quickly ?
  • They say they're working on it.

It's a pretty basic requirement. I would hope it wouldn't be too long.
  • I had been here several days ago looking for a solution. The time on my phone LOOKED to be correct, so I had discounted this as the problem. Then today another app warned me that my time was wrong. I had recently unchecked "Automatic date and time" in order to stay on my home time when traveling. Checking the automatic option fixed the "problem occurred while attempting to sign into Garmin Connect".

Since the other app (Fitbit) can do it, it would be nice if Connect warned the user if the time setting is causing a problem.