This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect iOS App and Apple Health Data

Hi

I only use my Forerunner 225 when running. I'd like to make sure that the Apple Health App on my iPhone records my runs using data from the Garmin Connect iOS App and counts steps using the phone. What I don't want to happen is for Garmin Connect to overwrite steps which my phone has counted but to see data captured by the phone and the Forerunner seems tricky.

I've tried a variety of read / write data options in the Health app, but never seem to get an accurate record.

Any help / advice? I've already tried the usual Garmin suggestions of reinstalling the App, trying a different browser (sic), buying my shirt from a different retailer (not really), etc...
  • I use my FR920XT for swimming, cycling and running and all the kms from any activity get added to my walking and running kms in the Apple Health app. Not just that, some activities are counted several times. So if I cycle 80km it happens that I walked/runned 240km that day because that 80km activity is loaded three times into Apple Health.

I disabled the connection between Garmin Connect and Apple Health. Strava is syncing correctly so now I have Garmin Connect syncing with Strava and Strava syncing with Apple Health.

Garmin look into this!
  • I have big doubts about Garmin and their willingness to do. There were no statements over this years from Garmin about exporting all data into Apple system. I do not fully understand why is happening that Garmin won't listen customers for not a cheap Watches and not giving ability for user to decide how we want to look at the Watch's data.
    Finally is the shame only for Garmin as I my and my wife and kids next watch will with a big probability not be Garmin. And I can not say that I didn't like the watch. But this is techy thing and that part is not completely fulfilled from them.

• Same, next watch will be another brand.