This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect on Ipad

Hi,

The first version of this app was limited but great (got it in the same time I purchase my 810 when it was release early last year). From the second version of the app, some functionality were added like editing activity but the different version we got since then fail frequently and try to download the past activities (I think the last 100) and privilege download before to post new activities. If I could, I would roll back to the really first version. It seems that the different update didn't solve this issue since then. I don't use the application to share my actual position (as we can do with Iphone) but to transfer my training to garmin connect only (as I'm training in different location and this app allow me to transfer activities/courses without having a computer: an ipad and the 810 are enough, thanks to the bluetooth connection on the 810). Could I ask a small update as this bug is still present for most than half a year?
Could we have in the settings the option to set the number of training we want to upload from garmin connect and eventually be able to set it to zero. I use connectstats to look at the metrics of my training which is ipad compatible and a great app.
Issue are: download are done prior upload of new activies, even when it does not crash, it takes few mns to check if there is update activity on the Garmin connect server, if you have a lock screen after some minutes, download will not occur so you need to keep you iDevice awake, a bit boring

Thanks for your understanding.
  • Garmin Connect Mobile is currently compatible with the iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 3 and newer, and the iPod Touch 5.

Yes, it is compatible but it doesn't make good use go the iPad's bigger screen. Usually apps designed for both ipad and iPhone have different UI design for ipad in order to make use of the greater screen space
  • Hello,
    I have an edge 810 and use the bluetooth functions when paired with my iphone. I wish now I could use my edge 810 with an ipad air (the wifi version that doesn't have an integrated gps). Would it be possible to pair the edge 810 to the ipad such that the edge will work as an external gps device and give to the ipad gps coordinates ?
    Regards
    Olivier
  • Hello,
    I have an edge 810 and use the bluetooth functions when paired with my iphone. I wish now I could use my edge 810 with an ipad air (the wifi version that doesn't have an integrated gps). Would it be possible to pair the edge 810 to the ipad such that the edge will work as an external gps device and give to the ipad gps coordinates ?
    Regards
    Olivier

Unfortunately, no. The Edge devices are not designed to function as external GPS antennas on mobile platforms.

However, our Garmin GLO is designed for this purpose:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/oem/sensors-and-boards/glo-/prod109827.html