This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect on Ipad

Hi,

The first version of this app was limited but great (got it in the same time I purchase my 810 when it was release early last year). From the second version of the app, some functionality were added like editing activity but the different version we got since then fail frequently and try to download the past activities (I think the last 100) and privilege download before to post new activities. If I could, I would roll back to the really first version. It seems that the different update didn't solve this issue since then. I don't use the application to share my actual position (as we can do with Iphone) but to transfer my training to garmin connect only (as I'm training in different location and this app allow me to transfer activities/courses without having a computer: an ipad and the 810 are enough, thanks to the bluetooth connection on the 810). Could I ask a small update as this bug is still present for most than half a year?
Could we have in the settings the option to set the number of training we want to upload from garmin connect and eventually be able to set it to zero. I use connectstats to look at the metrics of my training which is ipad compatible and a great app.
Issue are: download are done prior upload of new activies, even when it does not crash, it takes few mns to check if there is update activity on the Garmin connect server, if you have a lock screen after some minutes, download will not occur so you need to keep you iDevice awake, a bit boring

Thanks for your understanding.
  • This issue has been addressed and will be corrected in the next update, which should be released sometime in February. It has also been addressed in this thread: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?70091-LowMemory-CRASH
  • Hi,

Issue are: download are done prior upload of new activies, even when it does not crash, it takes few mns to check if there is update activity on the Garmin connect server, if you have a lock screen after some minutes, download will not occur so you need to keep you iDevice awake, a bit boring

Thanks for your understanding.

Until the new version comes out, one trick I do is: Close the garmin app fully, let the edge connect to your phone, once the new activity is uploaded, don't wait for the activity to download but kill garmin connect (double tap home button and push away the garmin app), then restart the garmin app, it will start by uploading the new activity, then you can close it.

It's a bit hacky, but still much quicker than to wait the many minutes for all the activities to be downloaded, and then I use connectstats...
  • Clicked on thread expecting to see info or asking for an iPad version of Connect Mobile. So are there any (fat chance I bet) plans for an iPad version of Connect Mobile?
  • Garmin Connect Mobile is currently compatible with the iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 3 and newer, and the iPod Touch 5.
  • Garmin Connect Mobile is currently compatible with the iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 3 and newer, and the iPod Touch 5.

....so that is a political way of saying NO then? :)

EDIT: Just looking on iTunes and I see Garmin does have a few iPad apps like Helm, Pilot, Utility and BluChart.
  • Clicked on thread expecting to see info or asking for an iPad version of Connect Mobile. So are there any (fat chance I bet) plans for an iPad version of Connect Mobile?

I find the GC website displays fine on ipad.
  • The website is fine, but the app is not. Would be nice to have it use the whole screen on the iPad
  • Until the new version comes out, one trick I do is: Close the garmin app fully, let the edge connect to your phone, once the new activity is uploaded, don't wait for the activity to download but kill garmin connect (double tap home button and push away the garmin app), then restart the garmin app, it will start by uploading the new activity, then you can close it.

It's a bit hacky, but still much quicker than to wait the many minutes for all the activities to be downloaded, and then I use connectstats...

Yes, this trick does the job, happy to know it. Thanks
  • The website is fine, but the app is not. Would be nice to have it use the whole screen on the iPad

+1

Plus, using safari on iPad, I can't edit easily any workout (moving steps is just impossible for example).

I thought we could have something as good as our GPS devices ;)
  • +1

Same issue with Chrome, besides Safari...