iOS17 Garmin Connect with Garmin Fenix 6S no longer works

Watch seems to be connected with the phone based on Connected status inside Settings but Garmin Connect shows watch status as Not connected.

After reinstalling the app and trying to reconnect my watch with the phone i am not able to do it due to app constantly searching for device without success.

Please advise.

• I have exactly the same problem following upgrading to iOS 17. Have followed Garmin's suggestions: Uninstall Garmin Connect / reinstall. Reboot both phone and watch, turn bluetooth off/on etc. Nothing works. Thankfully can still sync via Garmin express on Mac book.  Definitely happened since the upgrade.  Sorry I don't have a solution, but at least you're not alone!

• Okay - I’ve solved my instance of this. Hope this might help you.  I signed up to the beta programme (in Garmin Connect on the web, click on the device icon top right, click on the device name and sign up to the beta), downloaded the latest version 14.67 and it worked a dream. 

• I‘m having the same issue just with my Instinct 2S. Did you resolve this issue after all?

• I did. See post earlier in thread. Basically I signed up to the beta version and downloaded that to the watch. Now it works fine. 

• Thanks for that and glad you were able to resolve the issue!

This is really not issue with iOS 17 as i suspected before but it originates from latest release v26.00 as you figured out MelanieW1.

Sadly your solution didn't work for me as my watch currently doesn't event connect to Wifi and i spent 4 hours yesterday to be able to finally connect it to computer. It succeded after several restarts. 

I needed to revert my watch back to version v21 (this is the only version i was able to find ZIP for it - www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp

Basically steps are (if that would help anyone else):

1.) Connect your watch to the computer with provided USB cable

2.) Make sure USB mode is set to MTP (Media Transfer)

3.) Install Android File Transfer for MacOS, for Windows you should find Garmin watch storage under My computer. 

4.) Unzip downloaded firmware

5.) Copy GUPDATE.GCD to Garmin folder

6.) Disconnect your watch from computer and it will prompt you to install firmware

That's all! And i really hope Garmin will be a lot BETTER with quality testing for next releases or employ better QA team. This is very bad what happened with this update and going forward this should be avoided by all means!

• Yep, I did that as well and works now. Just 1 thing to add - Turn OFF the auto-update setting on the watch so it stays at v21

• I also had this problem - went through all the recommended actions, and ultimately found success in going to my phone's list of bluetooth connections...."forgetting" my fenix6, and then trying to pair again.  This is the only way I was able to have the PIN appear on my watch, and get things working correctly again.  Pretty simple, but took me a while to stumble onto it.

• Thanks so much, i had the same issue with my 965 and this solution worked