how can i watch my heart rate live on the Garmin Connect and using an HRM Pro strap

Hi - 

First time user of Garmin HRM - I have an HRM-Pro strap and downloaded the Garmin Connect app on my iPhone - I would like to see my HR live while am exercising. How can I see that? The heart rate display that shows a chart doesn't show my current (or, say, average of last X minutes) heart rate - and it's hard to read the chart when am exercising. What I would like is a simple clear display showing "125 BPM" and changing with time. Seems like the most basic requirement for a HR monitor - surprised haven't found it yet!

Thanks!

• As I wrote in my previous post, if you connect the HRM to your watch, and start an activity, Garmin Connect does show the live HR. In fact, you do not even really have to start the activity, it is enough to enter the Activity menu on the watch (though it times out after several minutes, so starting an activity is better, if you want to monitor the HR on the app for a longer time).

Strava requires a monthly subscription which I do not wish to pay just to see my heart rate. 

Strava does not require any subscription for that.

• For me, the heart rate does show up in the "my day" screen, but my phone times out and there seems to be no way to keep it on without disabling the timeout overall.

Also there's no graph, just the number, unless I want to watch the entire day versus the activity I'm on so I've gone back to using my polar H10 and the polar app.  Pretty disappointing Garmin lacks this SUPER basic app feature.

Shouldn't seeing your heart rate on your phone in graph form during an activity - and maybe LIVE ACTIVITY SCREENS! - the very first feature anyone with a fitness device would want??

Super hard to believe I can see 3D speed but I can't see a live dashboard of an activity.

• I don’t like to wear my glasses on the treadmill and find it disappointing that the Garmin phone app doesn’t incorporate a screen similar to Wahoo. I keep twisting my wrist to see my heart rate. That is disappointing especially since they have known for years that their customers are asking for a simple solution. 

• I keep twisting my wrist to see my heart rate.

You can watch the live HR on the Garmin Connect phone app.

• You should be able to see the HR on a free application for IOS, Android and a windows PC with MyWhoosh, which is very similar to Zwift.

www.mywhoosh.com/.../